• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Name a ski area you haven't skied in over a decade but want to revisit.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Arapahoe Basin: I last skied there in 1980. I did a lot of skiing there 1967-1980 and I'd love to try the Montezuma, and Beavers areas. I have a lot of fond memories skiing there from 5th grade thru college.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Anyplace & everyplace I’ve skied in the alps which has been closer to 20 years.
Maybe Kicking Horse but I’ve got a feeling it may just be hacker bumps nowadays & I would be disappointed. Has it been 10 years since I’ve skied Big Sky?

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Whitefish, MT.
Make it 22-23 when the new 6 pack is in and hopefully COVID is gone. I'm expecting another shit show like last season and right now we're in "severe risk" status but you'd never know it based on the locals. And the mountain apparently has the attitude that since you can get a shot it's no longer their issue. Hopefully they will revise that. I hate needing a mask, but it doesn't mean I want the guy at the next locker coughing in my face.

My booster is scheduled for the end of the month. Most of the county apparently believes it won't happen to them.

My place is "Austria", where I learned to ski in 1971. Returning next March to the country, if not the exact area. Unless this damn pandemic intervenes.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Long time since I skied Bogus Basin, absolutely would go back.

It might be about 10 years since I last skied Mt Hood Meadows.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmm... of the 41 places I've skied, there are only two that I haven't been to within the last 10 years... Boyce Park, the 150 foot hill I learned on around 1990, and Winterplace in WV, where I skied a few times in college in he mid-90s.

So I guess I'd say Boyce Park, just for the nostalgia. I think it would be fun when I'm back home in Pittsburgh sometime to get a few laps in there. But I'm not usually there when they have snow.

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Hmm... Winterplace in WV, where I skied a few times in college in the mid-90s......

Where'd you go to College? Asked my Wife out for our first date at WP while we were at VA Tech. I guess you could say Winterplace was responsible for creating five future skiers and boarders.

Lots of fond memories of WP. I remember skiing Turkey Chute when it first opened when it was bumps and stumps.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Where'd you go to College?
Virginia Tech, of course! :) Graduated in '98.

1633487206428.png

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Aspen--Used to be my go-to place years ago
Arapaho--Would like to try the Beavers
Stevens or Crystal--Haven't been there since high school (only on a weekday with good weather, though)

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Would love to go back and ski where I first learned - Winter Park. Would be great to ski the runs I learned on initially as well as check out the bumps this time.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mad River Glen (kinda where I started skiing..), Lenk/Adelboden Switzerland, Powder Mtn Utah

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Toss up between Whistler and Taos

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Taos. Clueless kid in 82 after college graduation, on a 3-week trip before starting "real" life. Lucky some locals dragged me repeatedly to Kachina Peak. Kachina = kaching!

And Sun Peaks, assuming that never qualifies as "in over a decade". ;)

Sponsor

Staff online