• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Name a ski area you haven't skied in over a decade but want to revisit.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Whiteface, always go to Vermont. Whiteface is quite a mountain, but it doesn't get the snow.

Reactions: Ogg

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Sugar Loaf, Michigan

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
Marmot Basin, in Jasper Alberta. This was my family’s go to ski vacation destination growing up, would love to take my kids there.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Long time since I skied Bogus Basin, absolutely would go back.

It might be about 10 years since I last skied Mt Hood Meadows.
Ski BB every year. Feb/Mar. Cheap tics, low ski traffic, good snowpack. But the drive from Boise to the hill. :geek:

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
Ski BB every year. Feb/Mar. Cheap tics, low ski traffic, good snowpack. But the drive from Boise to the hill. :geek:
Well don't be telling everyone...but that is a fun drive! Just don't forget to pick up your troll over the cattle gaurd!

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
Jackson Hole.
Ikon comparable.
I believe they put in a new chair for us commoners that was a no brainer and really helped the blue/black opportunities.

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
Taos. I haven't been there since I moved away from NM over 20 years ago.

Elk Mountain, PA. It's the first place I skied back when I was a kid, and I haven't been there since high school. It would be fun to go back just for nostalgia's sake.
That was my "Hill of Addiction" Not the first place I skied, but the one that was close and night skiing was 8 dollars in 1980 ish.

I heard they got a groomer and I want to go back to see if they managed to keep the ice in the same places.

Tonyr4

Putting on skis
Skier
Steamboat. I am going back there this summer for the first time in 30 years but it won't be for skiing.

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Big Mountain MT - which shows how long it has been since the last time I was there.

Idris

Getting off the lift
Skier
Whister Blackcomb. Strait out of university in Autumn (fall of) 1998 I drove there with this Idea. I would do a ski season, then head back to the UK, settle down and be and engineer. Well it didn't all go acording to plan. It was the biggest season on reccord (Snow and visitor numbers) and I never settled down as an Engineer...tried a few times.

I did go back in the autum of 04 but the world had changed, I didn't have the spare cash to pay for my seasons accomadation up front! So I spent Canada's lamest season (it hardly snowed and in feb the rains came and closed almost all the resorts) in Banff.

Not been back to Canada since!

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Gonna add Copper, Loveland, A Basin, Vail, Breck. Haven't been to any of them since 2004. Time to spend some time in Summit County, CO

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Sugar Loaf, Michigan
Sugar Loaf is defunct as I recall. I tried to go up there in 99, all the way up the Leelanau and it was gone. Turned around and went to Cadillac and Chrystal. Used to have a cottage near South Haven and skied MI a lot

did it reopen After 99?

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Cannon. I haven't been there since 1990. All I remember was wind, ice, and vw sized moguls. Has this rock been tamed? I've been wanting to go back since the addition of mittersill and the INDY pass will make it happen.