• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Name a ski area you haven't skied in over a decade but want to revisit.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Bolton Valley - VT

Hey - I am a UVM grad too (1987). Grew up in the area as well - so many memories at Smuggs, but I have been there recently so cannot make it my choice. Very little has changed
It has been over two decades since I skied Bolton Valley. They were closed for a few years. If I remember correctly.

James

Out There
Instructor
Bolton Valley is now oriented to AT. You can actually rent AT skis/bindings boots there. Plus tele.

Last edited:

Seahaven

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mount Abram in Maine, just because the trail names are all from Rocky & Bullwinkle. Who wouldn't want to ski trails named after these two? Extra points for doing their voices on the way down.

4353056-boris_natasha.jpg

SkierGolferNH

Putting on skis
Instructor
Revelstoke. In 91 as a 40th birthday present my wife gave me money towards a CMH Heli-skiing trip and I chose Revelstoke. Turned out to be a good choice as with unbelievable snowfall that week the choppers couldn't file two days and we skied Revelstoke. Vivid memories of deep powder and I'd love to go back.

jcjpdx

Getting on the lift
Skier
Great question for me this year, because after several years of talking I am going on the "2022 Days of My Youth" roadtrip to Mt Baker, Snoqualmie Summit (specifically Alpental), and Crystal Mountain, all areas I skied as a teen and have not visited for 50 years!. This will be in January. February, I am taking two of my adult children to Steamboat, which I haven't visited since 2007. Still my best powder day ever, with 23" overnight two days before I had to leave. I still think of that day...

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Great question for me this year, because after several years of talking I am going on the "2022 Days of My Youth" roadtrip to Mt Baker, Snoqualmie Summit (specifically Alpental), and Crystal Mountain, all areas I skied as a teen and have not visited for 50 years!. This will be in January. February, I am taking two of my adult children to Steamboat, which I haven't visited since 2007. Still my best powder day ever, with 23" overnight two days before I had to leave. I still think of that day...
You're going to see a lot of changes at the Cascade areas, mostly for the good. Have a great trip!

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
St. Anton Austria. Went with my uncle when he was 70 and I was 46. I am now approaching 70 (67) and would like to go again, this time with my Daughter!

This coming season I will be skiing Northstar, Kirkwood, Beaver Creek and Park City all of which I haven't been to in over 10 years.

Rick G

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Sugarloaf - Was last there when ASC was the owner. Scrapped off a couple tons of ice.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Even if I briefly visited it in Jan 2020 for a three days internship...I haven't been properly back in the Dolomites to roam around since Jan 2005.
For me "properly back" means at least one week...
Other places I miss and haven't been back in at least the decade of the title :
-Madesimo (and Mr. prickly)
-Galtuer, AT (a small but great families oriented ski area)
-Champoluc and the Monterosa Ski area

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
PowMow and Snowbasin for sure. I would add Jackson Hole too. Fortunately I will get a day to two at Jackson when we head to Targhee in March.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
MRG, Smugs and Jay.......hell, I mess CBK which was far better than my local in the Minne-apple.... I was relocated I miss skiing the east.

Been 13 years since I skied MRG... "Ski it if you can."....... I have full confidence that I ski it, and I also have full confidence that I would NOT ski MRG like I could 13 years ago.

PowHog

Getting on the lift
Skier
Sadly, a lot come to mind here.....

Arlberg, Chamonix, Trois Vallees, Val d'Isere, Canazei, Alta/Snowbird, and .... the Chugach Range in Alaska, to name a few.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
St Anton Austria (1992) and Mount Crescent (formerly Crescent Hills) Iowa (1981)

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have no idea who Katilyn was. There was probably some horse trading in the parking lot

Attachments

• 20211105_172506.jpg
    20211105_172506.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 13

Levy1

Putting on skis
Skier
Telluride

Sponsor

Staff online