• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Name a ski area you haven't skied in over a decade but want to revisit.

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
I have no idea who Katilyn was. There was probably some horse trading in the parking lot
1636487278412.png
but do you know who Caitlyn was?

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Crystal Mt
White Pass
Red Mt
Whitewater (all ice when I visited)
June Mt
Telluride
Timberline OR in summer
Mt Hood Meadows
Silver Mt
Timberline WV
Taos
Ski Rio if it ever reopens
Banff area (except Sunshine)
Fernie
Grouse mt BC

Lofcaudio

Getting off the lift
Skier
The only places I haven't revisited in the last 10 years are:
Keystone (last there in 2007)
Arapahoe Basin (2007)
Copper Mountain (1994)
Breckenridge (1993)
Vail (1994)
Mt. Bachelor (2000)

Of those, I would most like to get back to Vail and Mt. Bachelor (and perhaps Breckenridge since there were only Peaks 8-10 the last time I was there)

stan51

Putting on skis
Skier
Magic- Skied there in about 1964, my sister and I got stuck on the (then only) chairlift when it broke down, and haven't skied there since. Sort of wanted to go back and try it again sometime, but haven't in all that time. Hiked it a number of times in the last decade or so, but now that I am living and patrolling in Montana, the chances of getting back there get slimmer by the year....

bailey35mm

Go that way, really fast
Skier
Shiga Kogen, Japan. Last skied there in the 2007/2008 season.

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
It would be just about every resort I haven't been to in 10 years!

This year I will be revisiting several resorts that qualify. Park City, Northstar, Kirkwood and hopefully Mt. Rose. I will also be adding a few new ones. Keystone, A-Basin and Heavenly!

Rick G

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Jay Peak. I did my first downhill skiing there and used to go every year for a few days for Christmas / family obligations. I enjoyed the snow but I can't say I learned much as a skier. After I retired it was all about Whitefish MT. Whenever the NE gets a big snow dump I think we should head back up there and conquer some of those icy Blue groomers that had me in a fit previously. I might want some skinny carvers though.

Chris V.

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Monarch Mtn. (Colo.)
Discovery Ski Bowl (Mont.)
Crested Butte
Mt. Bachelor
Castle Mtn. (Alb.)

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Europe
St. Anton

The East,
Stowe Vermont
Sunapee NH
Loon (If they have foot rest on their chairs)

The West
Aspen
Snowmass
Vail
I forgot to list Jay Peak and Waterville Valley.

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
Winterpark- I have not skied it since my very first trip when I was 14 years old. Wow that was 36 years ago.

jcjpdx

Getting on the lift
Skier
This is a follow up to my previous post on this thread. In less than two weeks I start my long anticipated 2022 Days of My Youth ski road trip. I will be going to three areas I skied as a teenager but have not visited in 50 years. (Yes, that means I turn 67 this Saturday.) I am getting new Nokian snow tires today for the occasion.

Here's the itinerary:
Drive from PDX to Glacier, Wa, stay at the Blue T Lodge.
Ski Mt Baker.
Drive Snoqualmie Falls. My folk's ashes are there. Hoist one and pay my respects.
Drive Snoqualmie Summit, stay at the Summit Inn.
Ski Alpental. Maybe night ski at one of the other Summit areas.
Drive Enumclaw (!!!!!).
Take Crystal Mountain Express bus and ski Crystal Mountain.
Return to PDX.

This should take six days, road and weather conditions permitting. I have to walk up and buy a ticket at Baker, the Snoqualmie areas and Crystal are on the IKON pass. Somehow, in the days of my youth, Stevens Pass was never a factor.

For those of you who worry about my desire or ability to relive my youth, all I can say is that I was a very serious minded teenager. I have lightened up quite a bit over the years. "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." --Bob Dylan.

Anyone else done anything similar? I'd love to hear about it.

crosscountry

Out on the slopes
Skier
It would have been a very long list!

I've skied many, many resorts. Almost all of them I'd love to revisit. But I don't have enough days to "revisit" each and every one of them within 10 years. In the end, it's those that are harder to get to that didn't get frequent revisits that gets the "over 10 year" gap...

There're even more resorts I haven't been that I'd love to go to. So... of those I haven't revisited over 10 years, I'd love to revisit them asap. But it's about as soon as in... 20 years!

If I have to name just 1? It'd be a toss up between

1) St Anton, Austria
2) Nagano, Japan

(both are not a single mountain but regions with many close clustering mountains)

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I grew up skiing the Washington areas (Snoqualmie, Stevens, Crystal mainly). I would give them a try again if I was there anyway (on a weekday), but not going to make a special trip.

Sponsor

Staff online