• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Narrow tele boots?

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I though it was going to be a PITA, but Scarpa has a video on Youtube to show you how to do it. It actually went very smooth.

WHOA!!!! That helps tremendously - I tried to hold the inner square nut with a pair of bent tip pliers which was doomed to failure from the start. I'm familiar with heat treatment but didn't think it advisable around the boot plastic, having only used it to l loosen binding epoxy. Thanks Mark!

Mark1975

Getting on the lift
Skier
Not sure - my boot fitter did the work and the word "concrete" figured prominently regarding the removal. Now I'm wondering if he decided to not apply any loctite, and that's why the one popped loose.

Yeah, you really need to use a threadlock on this bolt. It will vibrate right out if you don't. I used to use the Blue Loctite on ski boots, since it claims to be releasable. I have found out (the hard way) that it tends to be more permanent on small diameter bolts. I discovered the Viba-Tite VC3 about 6 years ago, and have been using it on all my ski boots. It won't hurt plastic like Loctite can. When I get a new ski boot, I add it to all the bolts. I never had anything vibrate loose, including my Lange 150 plug, which are notorious for shedding bolts (at the absolute wrong time!) if you don't threadlock everything on that boot.

TS
Wendy

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I got Zipfit Freeride liners for my Scarpas after talking with Chris at Zipfit. He also tele skis in the TX Pro with this liner and recommended them for my narrow feet in this wider shell. Today I warmed them up and put them on; it wasn’t too much of a struggle as it was with my Doberman foamed liners and my Atomic alpine boots. The Zipfits feel fantastic and the flex at the bellows feels VERRRY nice. Cork stuff is snaking around my ankle as I sit in them. I know that I’ll need to ski in them several days to get the molding to fully form, but right now, I’m super pleased. Great heel hold, firm but comfy and the boots feel as if they will be warm.

The comfort of these right now feels over-the-top better than my Atomic Hawx Ultras which are very, very snug. I’ve got more toe wiggle room and lateral room across my toes in my Scarpas which feels like a relief. I’m hoping this will be motivation to keep at tele even when I get frustrated!

James

Out There
Instructor
I got Zipfit Freeride liners for my Scarpas after talking with Chris at Zipfit. He also tele skis in the TX Pro with this liner and recommended them for my narrow feet in this wider shell. Today I warmed them up and put them on; it wasn’t too much of a struggle as it was with my Doberman foamed liners and my Atomic alpine boots. The Zipfits feel fantastic and the flex at the bellows feels VERRRY nice. Cork stuff is snaking around my ankle as I sit in them. I know that I’ll need to ski in them several days to get the molding to fully form, but right now, I’m super pleased. Great heel hold, firm but comfy and the boots feel as if they will be warm.

The comfort of these right now feels over-the-top better than my Atomic Hawx Ultras which are very, very snug. I’ve got more toe wiggle room and lateral room across my toes in my Scarpas which feels like a relief. I’m hoping this will be motivation to keep at tele even when I get frustrated!
Can you post a photo showing this bellows in the tour model?
Or is it tele specific and not tour?

TS
Wendy

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you post a photo showing this bellows in the tour model?
Or is it tele specific and not tour?
There’s no bellows. It’s not the Tour model, either. It’s just the Freeride, so not tele-specific. The neoprene is flexible enough to allow a sweet flex at the bellows. The stock Intuition doesn’t have a “bellows area” either. Chris recommended the Freeride because it takes up more volume, which is what I needed. I was fortunate that he happens to ski the same boot so I felt great about his recommendation and the initial fit today confirmed that.

FD95C4BE-F360-4AFE-8DCB-A935B3A221E9.jpeg

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
James, I've never had or even seen a teley boot liner with bellows. No need.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online