• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NASTAR Nationals 2023?

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I realize this is very low level stuff for the Racing/Competition forum, but does anyone know about location for the NASTAR Nationals 2023? If it makes sense, my wife and I would consider working it into our planned Western trip. Seems that a venue would have been picked by now.

We get our ranking in our local beer league, and we're at the bottom of the 70-74 age group, so it's a good time to do it as the younger ones in the field. It's not THAT important, but it might be fun to do it one last time-my wife probably has a good chance of making the podium as there are so few women participants in that age group.

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
I am afraid that my post above is in error. I began to get suspicious of the dates that were advertised. When I followed the link that was provided, it took me to last years (2022) Nastar Championships page. I apologize for any confusion this may have created. I am embarrassed that I didn't investigate further before I posted. It appears that Nastar is still negotiating with resorts and has not yet struck a deal.

TS
Johnny V.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am afraid that my post above is in error. I began to get suspicious of the dates that were advertised. When I followed the link that was provided, it took me to last years (2022) Nastar Championships page. I apologize for any confusion this may have created. I am embarrassed that I didn't investigate further before I posted. It appears that Nastar is still negotiating with resorts and has not yet struck a deal.

Guess we'll see how the dates fall (if they get anything together). We're out to Utah for the National Gathering with a few more days, then to Colorado. Like to participate, but it's gotta make sense in our travel plans.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It's being held on the K12... Better bring that $2

Karl B

USSA L100
Skier
The NASTAR website has been updated. The National Championships are returning to Snowmass, April 3-8 2023

TS
Johnny V.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The NASTAR website has been updated. The National Championships are returning to Snowmass, April 3-8 2023
Thanks Karl. We'll be out there, so I'll see if it fit in. Guess I'll throw my suit in the car when we head west just in case.

TS
Johnny V.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like now you have to subscribe to Outside + to get your results (and any other results) and to be eligible to participate in the Nationals.................................

wolcoma

Getting on the lift
Skier
Given the East has basically had a non-winter, I was thinking it would be fun to make a trip to Aspen/Snowmass to ski and race in the NASTAR nationals. Sadly all the airline tickets for that week from the East to either Aspen or Eagle Vail are $1200 plus. About half that to Denver but I hate that four to five hour drive to Aspen which is on a good day. If there is snow or traffic in can be over six hours. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsor

Staff online