• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

National Coffee Day

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I first got these pods at Bed Bath and Beyond and was surprised to find it so affordable and was really excited to find that they were compostable.

Do you run a hot (bacterial) or a cold ( fungal) pile?

Hot piles will totally compost PLA but they have to be steamy hot (150F+). I used to keep mine fed with old Coke and leftover cheap beer.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We prefer good coffee but will lower the bar a bit depending on what is for sale. Try Equal Exchange. A coworker used to drive for them and could get 5 lb bags of seconds for minimal cost. Good stuff

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Green coffee bean nirvana has been found. These Kona beans are pricy ($39/lb), but superb. I've never roasted anything better.

4B38A5FD84F0DE002E85AD0598BA7940180B83FC.jpg

Coffee Bean Corral ships out their coffee beans in cute little burlap bags.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
[
We prefer good coffee but will lower the bar a bit depending on what is for sale. Try Equal Exchange. A coworker used to drive for them and could get 5 lb bags of seconds for minimal cost. Good stuff

Yeah. We did this, not sure we'll be staying with it. MUCH more free oil and diesely acid than the 1882 @Tricia posted about. It may be that my grind is way off, but we're about done with the bag and still haven't nailed it.

IMG_20210625_124527.jpg

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
[

Yeah. We did this, not sure we'll be staying with it. MUCH more free oil and diesely acid than the 1882 @Tricia posted about. It may be that my grind is way off, but we're about done with the bag and still haven't nailed it.

View attachment 136540

There was one I didn't like either but others were as good or better than common favorites.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Completely disagree with the tasting notes but decent coffee nonetheless, from Ceremony in Annapolis. Supposed to be Arabica but interesting peaberry content.

IMG_20210628_204435.jpg

Lighter than Major Dickasons just

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
This should be interesting - starts off fairly neutral like the 1882 at the top of the thread, then develops a lip and tongue stinging spice on the finish. Like someone soaked it in Makers Mark. Never had a single source Balinese before. IMG_20211027_092206.jpg

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I kind of consider myself to be blessed with a very discerning appreciation of fine coffee. At the risk of seeming pretentious, I’ve scoured the website of one of the premier coffee purveyors of the world to find a couple of Blends that really stand out.

You just pop these things into their machine (only available to the more pedigreed of coffee tasters based on an application process) and moments later a cute little sound tells you it’s done. A little Irish cream coffee mate, some microwave energy to heat things up and you’re ready to go.

Tasting notes: Strong and very coffee like with more than a hint of coffee mate.

8276E265-0CC9-4DCB-A027-1231F2322A48.jpeg
The left blend says Decaffeinato but after a cup I just fly around the house. Even moreso with the Intenso which is like holy and gnarly, man. Like whoa! I wish everybody had access to these fine coffees (not really).

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I kind of consider myself to be blessed with a very discerning appreciation of fine coffee. At the risk of seeming pretentious, I’ve scoured the website of one of the premier coffee purveyors of the world to find a couple of Blends that really stand out.

You just pop these things into their machine (only available to the more pedigreed of coffee tasters based on an application process) and moments later a cute little sound tells you it’s done. A little Irish cream coffee mate, some microwave energy to heat things up and you’re ready to go.

Tasting notes: Strong and very coffee like with more than a hint of coffee mate.

View attachment 146448
The left blend says Decaffeinato but after a cup I just fly around the house. Even moreso with the Intenso which is like holy and gnarly, man. Like whoa! I wish everybody had access to these fine coffees (not really).
They look like a Nespresso pods that only fit that machine with the round bottom. We use those, although I have not tried the decaf pod and I only drink my coffee black. It does make a good cup of coffee.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

View attachment 146448
PXL_20211027_181418022.jpg

PXL_20211027_181543113.jpg

Our Nespresso machine with a Starbucks pod for an afternoon pick me up. My wife likes the Starbucks better than I do but it's all good.

Sponsor