• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

National Day Lunacy

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We need a condensing of "National Days" There is no reason National Grilled Cheese Day (April 12) and National Tomato Soup Day (Dec 2) should not be the same day.

This begs the question, what National Days should be combined like National Tequila, Lime and Salt days should all be May 5th.

Oh and National Pumpkin Spice Day should be banned.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
There's already a National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day.

National Milk Day (Jan 11) and National Cookie Day (Dec 4)
Note: Chocolate Chip Cookie gets its own day (Aug 4 - guess someone likes their chips gooey)

jcjpdx

Getting on the lift
Skier
Apparently there are 1500 "National Days." For the record, today is International Left Handers Day, as well as National Prosecco Day, Garage Sale Day, Bowling Day, and Filet Mignon Day. We may not have jurisdiction over International Days. Plus, I'm a southpaw, so I have some affinity for a left hander's day. Otherwise, I could support every day being National Un-Day, on which you do not observe any of the "National Days," or perhaps condensing them all into a National "National Day" Day, which could be observed whenever a blue moon falls on February 29th, but only if you feel like it.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Sorry to say - you Americans are crazy. This thread proves it. What's the point of a National Day for something? To boost sales, no doubt?
You know, I could give the Dutch a bad time about eating mayo with fries, but I don't. I might even say they were crazy for doing it, but I won't.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
You know, I could give the Dutch a bad time about eating mayo with fries, but I don't. I might even say they were crazy for doing it, but I won't.
I never said the Dutch weren't crazy too. We are. Big time.

We have 'rokjesdag' ('skirt day'), somewhere in spring, when women are encouraged to wear a skirt.

And about the mayo on fries - that's a Belgian thing, originally. We gave them up in 1830 (not because of that, I think, but the mayo didn't help!).

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry to say - you Americans are crazy. This thread proves it.
QFT

Although today is national prosecco day and I'm happy to partake!

Today is also Bowling day, Left Hander's day, Filet Mignon day, and Garage Sale day

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry to say - you Americans are crazy. This thread proves it.
STOP THE PRESSES!!! :golfclap::roflmao:
What's the point of a National Day for something? To boost sales, no doubt?
These started off as what were referred to as "Hallmark Holidays" to sell greetings cards.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Why shouldn't there be a "national lunacy day"?

• Love
Reactions: Ogg

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Sorry to say - you Americans are crazy. This thread proves it. What's the point of a National Day for something? To boost sales, no doubt?
Nope, for politicians to get donations from the proponents of that National Day.

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Who doesn’t eat mayonnaise with fries? One of the great treats of civilization. Besides, if it’s good enough for Julia Child…

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I like my fries with Mayo.
When people look at me funny at the table. I tell them that's how they do it across the pond where French fries originated. I further suggested that they are actually consuming French American fries with their ketchup.

Sponsor

Staff online