• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need a $1000 pushbike for your toddler?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"You are out of your goddamn mind if you think we are spending 1k euros on a toddler's bike"

To quote my sweet wife...

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not from Specialized. All sold out or oversold for '21.

The situation is dire with all the brands more or less. Shimano groupsets available from March on. 3T handlebars-same story.
My Tarmac's delivery date was moved from December to June next year despite the fact I made a downpayment like 2 months ago.

Terrible.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
LOL...this is really funny and too much.....P.T. Barnum ( Ringling Bros/Barnum & Baily Circus) said it best. "There's a sucker born every minute."

pliny the elder

Industry Insider
Skier
Thanks Specialized . Now my granddaughter is demanding an upgrade.
03FD84B0-79E3-4867-8A9D-F30CC85132A9.jpeg
p

pliny the elder

Industry Insider
Skier
For a single speed it is hard to resist the allure of titanium.

But, I feel the magic of ti is best felt when your feet are off the ground. Given the mechanics of the strider, it's hard to argue against the efficiency of carbon fiber.

Of course, until the STRAVA results are in this is all speculation. It's a long ways across the living room.

pliny the elder

freespirit

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
İ have a crazy friend. He's really crazy and stupid at the same time. A few months ago he got drunk at work and told his boss to fuck off. Of course, he got fired. But it's not the first time he has a problem like this because of alcohol. Last summer we went to a summer house. There were around 8 people. We had wonderful times there. But everything went wrong on the last evening when we had a party. My friend got drunk and went swimming with my bike. We had to call an ambulance for him. And my bike after swim was fine and waterproof bike lights too, I ordered it on this site.

Vcize

Getting on the lift
Skier
I mean, I guess hats off to anyone that's done well enough in life that a $1000 push bike is something they don't sweat at purchasing.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
My friends ask me which bike they should get their kid..single speed DJ all the way..that one''s a bit steep..but in general, no gears and smaller wheels for a kid, perfect. All this kids mountain bikes with suspension forks and gears...they're like 60lbs bikes..the kid is only 60lbs!!!! Crime against humanity... :nono:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My friends ask me which bike they should get their kid..single speed DJ all the way..that one''s a bit steep..but in general, no gears and smaller wheels for a kid, perfect. All this kids mountain bikes with suspension forks and gears...they're like 60lbs bikes..the kid is only 60lbs!!!! Crime against humanity... :nono:
Pfft. When we were kids, the Schwinn Apple Krate was around 50 pounds.

Sponsor

Staff online