• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need Boot Help Please

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Whats wrong with the Dalbello Boss? I master boot fitter put me in that boot and its been great. Just time for something new.
The Boss might have been the right boot at the time..along with what he had available but it was a mid level boot from Dalbello that was marketed to the budget minded teenager.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
The Boss might have been the right boot at the time..along with what he had available but it was a mid level boot from Dalbello that was marketed to the budget minded teenager.
Terrific and its served me well. Now what are your thoughts about the Lange LX 120?

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
It could be that your liner has packed out and you are compensating by over-tightening the buckles instead of getting new liners. :huh:
How many days per year? 7 years could be a long time in liner years.
Im sure there packed out, which is why im in the market for new ones!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Terrific and its served me well. Now what are your thoughts about the Lange LX 120?
Great boot! If it fits. There are very few bad boots but there are wrong boots. This is why there are more than one brand and one model. The three boots you started with all good, so is the Tecnica Mach HV, K2 BFC, Salomon S/Pro...the list goes on. Q: what are you focusing on the three that you selected?

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
Great boot! If it fits. There are very few bad boots but there are wrong boots. This is why there are more than one brand and one model. The three boots you started with all good, so is the Tecnica Mach HV, K2 BFC, Salomon S/Pro...the list goes on. Q: what are you focusing on the three that you selected?
Biggest interest for me is in the liner of the Dalbello Il Moro with the Intuition ID Liner. Id love to know how big of a difference that makes vs the standard liner with a tongue.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Understood, liners are packed out so you need new liners and might as well upgrade your boots. So I guess what your asking is what boot fits most like your old one. I'll but out now 'cause I have no clue to answer that question. Things change, and every major brand now makes a range of different boots that will fit different feet; it's not like one brand makes narrower heels or wider feet, or higher insteps than another.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Perhaps I should rephrase my question - If you had to choose between the Dalbello Il Moro MX 110 with the ID Liner, Atomic Hawx Magna 110S, or the Lange LX 120. which would you pick and why? Assume all three boots fit your foot equally.

I also fit boots. The answer is the three boots you mention will not fit the same foot equally. Maybe even left and right for that matter.
:beercheer:

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Biggest interest for me is in the liner of the Dalbello Il Moro with the Intuition ID Liner. Id love to know how big of a difference that makes vs the standard liner with a tongue.
An Intuition warmer and 100% moldable but is also more suseptable to breaking down and packing out.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
I also fit boots. The answer is the three boots you mention will not fit the same foot equally. Given your insistence on buying an internet haircut, I'd say order all three, keep one, and return two. But even this won't necessarily buy you the right boot.

You said your current boot 'pinches'. All that means, and we're only guessing, is that there's an area or areas in one or both boots that you're feeling excessive pressure. It sounds like you need some room. Making room can be easy or a bit of a chore depending where the issue/issues is/are. Maybe you just need a punch or two.
At no point have I said Im going to order these boots on the internet. There is a very high likelihood I will drive to mammoth before the season starts to see a fitter and get a new pair. Im just trying to have a discussion on three boots that have interested me while ive been researching what's on the market. My boots have a lot of days of them, and its time for new ones. We are beyond a punch or two.

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
Again, why these three boot?
No particular reason - These three have come up the most when reading reviews on this years boots, have had the best feedback on internet discussions, etc. The also all have a last that fits my foot and flex I feel would fit me.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
No particular reason - These three have come up the most when reading reviews on this years boots, have had the best feedback on internet discussions, etc. The also all have a last that fits my foot and flex I feel would fit me.

These boots all flex and address interior volumes differently. The short version is this: there are lies, damn lies, and numbers on boot boxes. Or the story about the guy goes to the pet shop and asks for a 10 gallon aquarium....

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
These boots all flex and address interior volumes differently. The short version is this: there are lies, damn lies, and numbers on boot boxes. Or the story about the guy goes to the pet shop and asks for a 10 gallon aquarium....
Are you able to elaborate how the flex it all different? Which is the stiffest amongst the three? Can you elaborate on how they address interior volumes differently?

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I can't resist, even though I should but out....
103 mm last and missing a buckle :eek: - comfy easy going boot
102 mm last - better for wider over-all feet.
98 mm last - probably raciest.
Totally different fits, not the same flex.

EDIT: in my defence we still have no snow here!

TS
Golfer1633

Golfer1633

Booting up
Skier
I can't resist, even though I should but out....
103 mm last and missing a buckle :eek: - comfy easy going boot
102 mm last - better for wider over-all feet.
98 mm last - probably raciest.
Totally different fits, not the same flex.
None of them have a 98 last.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor

Staff online