• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need drill bit for remount

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
thanks for the reply, I originally took them to a shop but the C305 fell off the list this year so they wouldn't remount them for me. I was willing to pay.
Modern kids bindings are cheap, you should be able to find clean used indemnified versions for well less than $50.

TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
Success!!!!!!!!!

I got the binding back together, having one of the tangs of the small plastic plate that held the brake arm in broken wasn't a big deal.

I used a small pair of needle nose vise grips to snap the brake back into its channel.

A friend had a jig and set it to 255 the BSL for my child's boot and smacked a center punch into all 7 holes on both skis.

I came home and drilled them and mounted them.

The factory holes were volcanoed , my holes were dead on perfection.

A couple of observations:

The front toe binding has 3 screws, 2 are exposed and the front one that holds the front plastic piece that the binding slides into is hidden. It seems like this one hole was slightly (3-4 mm) too far forward as when I slid the binding into this front plastic piece I had to back the binding off slightly to get the binding to line up with the other two (exposed) screw holes. In other words the biding could have slid a bit more forward. Don't think this is a big deal.

Thanks again to Dwight for sending the drill bit. The bit looks new, like it was never used before and it was really sharp!

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bump....need advice from the wise....
@Doug Briggs @Philpug

Any tricks to sharpening bits?....besides buying new ones.....which I usually just do to start a season at our shop. (have had some 4.1/9.5 on SVST back order for all our metal sticks since Sept.)...

*my 4.1’s are still usable...I just like em the best when they go in beautifully smooth....lol.

Last edited: