• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Need technique/advice for skiing canyon/cliff type mogul formations in steep terrain

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
The only person I even saw skiing a fast clean line through nasty West Face moguls was Jonny Moseley, and even he had to stop mid-way.
Ski the slow line fast unless you are world class. That is very high level skiing. Someone interested in advancing skills would be making a mistake to ski over their head.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
You must be looking at the wrong places. the bad bumps are usually off tower #10 on chair #7. Too many bad skier going through there. The closest we usually get to those nasties is Bob into Ash Pound.

Shhh, the deep troughs are where we buried the people we don't like. You are not supposed to ski the trough. lest you disturb the bodies.
You should really take a ski week and learn more about bump identification. Oval/kidney shape bumps are good bumps. They get you down the hill much faster. Unlike the short chopped up round bumps.
You said that in jest, I suppose, but here, that is actually true. Lots of fallen soldiers were simply let unburied on Glacial terrain during WWI and nature took pity and covered them with snow (or were buried by avalanches either spontaneous or triggered by the then enemy) and now, with the glaciers retreating, remains are surfacing. So we really have been skiing on dead ppl for decades.