• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

rustypouch

Getting on the lift
Skier
I'm a fan. I've had my toes go numb/white too many times, and I'm over it.

Combined with heated socks, toes were fine when things were lower than -25, although I got a couple spots on my heels going.

Wallowa

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Tried hand warming chem packs under Boot Gloves last season...no go....chemical reaction needs oxygen/air to produce heat...under Boot Glove the packs never had enough air to produce heat...wonder the same about the new ones with "built in pouches"

Dave Marshak

All Time World Champion
Skier
Tried hand warming chem packs under Boot Gloves last season...no go....chemical reaction needs oxygen/air to produce heat...under Boot Glove the packs never had enough air to produce heat...wonder the same about the new ones with "built in pouches"
I used mine that way today when it was 5F this morning. It works just well enough to be worth doing. The best thing is I can feel my feet warm up before I head outside. IME it's way more effective than you would think.

dm

James

Out There
Instructor
Maybe they were dead? There’s more air there than inside the boot.

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
Worth it for the $25.00 that they cost. Buys a few degrees. Useless if you are off your skis a lot.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January