• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

BLspruce2

Getting on the lift
Skier
Also there is a new product similar to boot gloves worth looking at. They are called Bootaclava Boot Warmers "Bootaclava boot warmers are made from weather resistant, stretch neoprene with tough nylon stitching. Exclusive Bootapouch will keep you even warmer when you add your favorite hand warmer. " I have no idea if a hand warmer on the outside of your boot toe does much but they are the same price as boot gloves.

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Why are neoprene ski accessories always boring black? Boot Glove, Bootaclava, Face Saver? No colours, no fun stuff. No reason to buy more than one pair. They're missing out on the marketing side. Kid sizes printed to look like super hero boots, or duck feet, or whatever. Colours to coordinate with major resort wear lines, which of course means multiple pairs to match multiple jackets and pants. Ski resort logos. Bedazzled for Bogner. Navy blue with a Ski Talk logo? So many possibilities.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
What I never liked at the Boot Glove was the elastic underneath the boot. I get that it's needed to keep the thing on the boot. But walking to the lift in rough conditions, just rips this thing to shreds. You can only stitch it back together so many times. Although duct tape does help, but it's slippery for walking. (My husband was Red-Green # 2.)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
What I never liked at the Boot Glove was the elastic underneath the boot. I get that it's needed to keep the thing on the boot. But walking to the lift in rough conditions, just rips this thing to shreds. You can only stitch it back together so many times. Although duct tape does help, but it's slippery for walking. (My husband was Red-Green # 2.)

If you're spending the time to stitch it back together, may as well do leather belting and 4 piece snap rivets.

Pigskin>>>duct tape. And it eventually wet-molds to your boot.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Pro tip #2: you can slip one or two of the chemical hand warmers or stick-on toe warmers under the Boot Glove.

Pro Tip #3: Boot Gloves and similar products absolulely need to to be put on when you’re inside and you, your boots and the Boot Gloves are warm. If they start out cold they do very little.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I once ”lost” a pair of Boot Gloves in the deep pocket of a boot bag. Black in black. Didn’t see them, figured I left them somewhere. Found them at the end of the season bag clean out.
I keep mine together in a ziplock bag in my boot bag for this very reason, also to keep other items dry when the Boot Gloves been caked with snow.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I know what you mean. I wear ski trax over the gloved boot to prevent wear as much as I can walking around the base area, especially those metal corrugated stairs will chew up the strap fast.

If taking a break on the mountain, I remove the boot glove indoors to warm up the boot. That also cuts down on wear to the strap.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody know if there is any difference between brands .. for example boot glove vs bootclava?

James

Out There
Instructor
I'm surprised more people don't do that hack; it also helps with the small foot tenting on the medial side LF and I referenced above.
I’m surprised they haven’t changed the way they’re made.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I knew someone who had the strap moved aft so it sits up to the boot shell behind the toe flat.

My wife modded mine like that. Works well.

But they are kind of hammered after many seasons, so decided to try a pair of bootaclavas this year.

And heated socks.

And heated gloves.

Going all-in on uncrowded, good snow, cold weather skiing this season!

Sponsor

Staff online