• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New boot shopping - Foot width (measured) vs boot last width

DerKomisar

Putting on skis
Skier
Visited my local shop for new boots and tried on the Technica Mach1 hv 120. Fit really nice but we both think I might be better suited in the 130 hv model. Unfortunately they don’t have my size. Said they could try to order in and arrive next week.
Wanted to get a second option that the 130 hv will fit the same as the 120 hv, since its basically the same form, with a stiffer flex set up, color? Thanks for the help.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Visited my local shop for new boots and tried on the Technica Mach1 hv 120. Fit really nice but we both think I might be better suited in the 130 hv model. Unfortunately they don’t have my size. Said they could try to order in and arrive next week.
Wanted to get a second option that the 130 hv will fit the same as the 120 hv, since its basically the same form, with a stiffer flex set up, color? Thanks for the help.
Why not rely on the ski shop to determine if the 120 and 130 flex fit the same. If they have some pairs of 130 and 120 flex in the same size in stock, then they just need to find someone (on staff?) with the right sized foot to try on both boots for a fit comparison between 120 and 130 flex.

DerKomisar

Putting on skis
Skier
Why not rely on the ski shop to determine if the 120 and 130 flex fit the same. If they have some pairs of 130 and 120 flex in the same size in stock, then they just need to find someone (on staff?) with the right sized foot to try on both boots for a fit comparison between 120 and 130 flex.
good idea, I’ll check and see if they did have a couple of corresponding 130 and 120 models to compare. They didn’t have my size at least in the 130 and they were sold thru many sizes this late in the season. Either way, we did order in the 130 as an option, no obligation if it didn’t fit. Was more curious if people already knew they had the same dimensions. Cheers!

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

Yes. @SkiMore , care to pipe in? :)

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Ist the liner different? Therefore out of the box you may notice liner fit differences but this is not be a good test, as it will packout to the shell after it packs out or after molding anyway.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes. @SkiMore , care to pipe in? :)
DerKomisar, I went through the same process. Mark was helping me with HV options and the Technica 120 HV fit quite nicely in the store, but we thought the 130 would be better. We went for the 130 and haven't looked back.

Sponsor

Staff online