• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Day - New Wisdom

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just watched an interview with Kristen Bell, about her new kids book. She talked about how she's raising her kids to engage with people around them and it resonated with me.

Listen to lots of stories from lots of people. It will make your world bigger and the whole world better.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I just watched an interview with Kristen Bell, about her new kids book. She talked about how she's raising her kids to engage with people around them and it resonated with me.

Listen to lots of stories from lots of people. It will make your world bigger and the whole world better.
What is with all the celebrities writing kids books? Didn't many of them run away from home and go to Hollywood. Does that make them think they can tell others how to raise their children, or are they trying to make an easy buck capitalizing on their name.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What is with all the celebrities writing kids books? Didn't many of them run away from home and go to Hollywood. Does that make them think they can tell others how to raise their children, or are they trying to make an easy buck capitalizing on their name.
I'm not sure what you're getting at.
I don't have small children, but I've seen a few of these kids books that look pretty cool.
As for the Hollywood types writing these kinds of books...I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about their history or making an easy buck.
In the case of Kristen Bell, I believe she is donating the proceeds to literacy programs or some such.

Uncle-A

Skier
If you crack an egg from the outside, a life can end.
If an egg cracks from the inside, a life can begin.
Great things always begin from the inside.

Author Unknown.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
1658683921376.png

MarkP

Skier
Keeping the stupidity theme going...

1659027232690.png

Uncle-A

Skier
View attachment 174495
RIP - Bill Russell, 1934-2022
From what I have read about Bill Russell, he didn't like to sign autographs, he would meet some and shake hands, maybe share a few words but wouldn't sign his name on a bit of paper or photo. I don’t think that is a bad thing, and can only imagine how difficult fans can be. Years ago I remember watching the match up with him and Wilt Chamberlain, talk about great basketball.

MarkP

Skier
Keeping the stupidity theme going...

View attachment 174184

Didn't Isaac Asimov write Science Fiction?
That he did. Prolific writer in fiction and non-fiction.

This particular quote came from "Asimov's Guide to Shakespeare."
The full comment regarding "Henry VI" Act I, Scene i, lines 131-134:
"To those English who were taught to believe that one Englishman was as good as ten Frenchmen, Fastolfe's advice to avoid the fight was looked on as cowardice and he was blamed for Talbot's defeat. This is an example of what those who have studied history well know: When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent."

Uncle-A

Skier
That he did. Prolific writer in fiction and non-fiction.

This particular quote came from "Asimov's Guide to Shakespeare."
The full comment regarding "Henry VI" Act I, Scene i, lines 131-134:
"To those English who were taught to believe that one Englishman was as good as ten Frenchmen, Fastolfe's advice to avoid the fight was looked on as cowardice and he was blamed for Talbot's defeat. This is an example of what those who have studied history well know: When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent."
Thanks for sharing the entire context of the quote with the source.

MarkP

Skier
Thanks for sharing the entire context of the quote with the source.

At first read, it came across as someone trying to make modern commentary but slapping Asimov's name on it. Glad I researched it. After all...

1659659335701.png

Sponsor

Staff online