• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Day - New Wisdom

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Calvin - the truth is most of us discover where we are heading when we arrive.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
292602028_10160390497881738_5917006768011147414_n.jpg

Rooneyisms - Too good not to share!!
I've learned.... That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
I've learned.... That when you're in love, it shows.
I've learned.... That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' makes my day.
I've learned.... That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being right.
I've learned.... That you should never say no to a gift from a child.
I've learned.... That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.
I've learned.... That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
I've learned.... That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold
and a heart to understand.
I've learned.... That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
I've learned.... That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
I've learned.... That we should be glad God doesn't give us
everything we ask for.
I've learned.... That money doesn't buy class.
I've learned.... That it's those small daily happenings that make
life so spectacular.
I've learned.... That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
I've learned.... That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
I've learned.... That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
I've learned.... That love, not time, heals all wounds.
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
I've learned.... That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile..
I've learned.... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
I've learned... That life is tough, but I'm tougher.
I've learned.... That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
I've learned.... That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
I've learned.... That I wish I could have told my Mom that I love her one more time before she passed away.
I've learned.... That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
I've learned..... That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
I've learned..... That when your newly born grandchild holds your
little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.
I've learned.... That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.
I've learned.... That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Difficult people are very important, - they teach you tolerance and acceptance.​

If all was going your way all the time, you would become a spoiled child, wouldn't everyone? Difficult people are just one of the ways the world teaches us to expand beyond our egos and accept other perspectives on life.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This one hit me a little close to home:
Understanding comes from love.

You might believe that you need to understand another to love them. The truth is you need to love them to understand them.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I have a 'new page' extension that when you open a new browser page shows an image with an unrelated quote at the bottom. I saw one the other day and didn't save it so I looked.

Found it:
remember that sometimes not getting what you want....png

This one appeared in the search. It is one I'll save and likely frequently use in FB discussions. :-|
silence is sometimes the best answer.jpg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a 'new page' extension that when you open a new browser page shows an image with an unrelated quote at the bottom. I saw one the other day and didn't save it so I looked.

Found it:
View attachment 226776

This one appeared in the search. It is one I'll save and likely frequently use in FB discussions. :-|
View attachment 226777
The first one is especially relevant to old girlfriends that didn't work out but you wish they did at the time!

Sponsor

Staff online