• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

eBike New ebike race

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I recall reading an interview after Ned raced an e-mtb for the first time.

He basically said -- and I paraphrase -- I worked just as hard, but went a lot faster!

I'm not behind e-bike racing quite yet, though.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't understood eMTB racing either, its like a swim race with flippers but if someone is going to put up prize money as @chris_the_wrench says, have at it.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I haven't understood eMTB racing either,

It's just promoters trying to attract more entrants, and make a bit more money.

As I've known a few grass roots promoters over the years -- and none of them were getting rich -- not sure there's anything wrong with that.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I haven't understood eMTB racing either, its like a swim race with flippers but if someone is going to put up prize money as @chris_the_wrench says, have at it.

Hah.

You have no idea how many intermediate swimmers with weak upper thighs and weak breathing skills I've seen flail when using flippers, even the stubby training ones. I've even seen some go backwards :geek:

As @Erik Timmerman has pointed out, at some point eMTB racing all comes down to body mass. The tiniest remotely competent rider one can possibly get on top of a 29er-wheeled frame will win.

Sponsor

Staff online