• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Fischer BOA shoes in the house ... and wait, there is more from Hotronic

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Not having sample size feet sometimes puts me behind and that is the case with Fischer's RC4 MV 140 BOA with Zipfit liners. I need to get the boot set up yet but what is also a sneak peak is Hotronics Bootcaps ® toe insulators which we will be reporting back on as soon as Old Man Winter arrives in Tahoe.

IMG_4254.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg
IMG_4255.jpeg

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
What are those Bootcaps insulators? Do they go in the boot? Interfere with fit? Just insulation or is there a heating element? So many questions.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What are those Bootcaps insulators? Do they go in the boot? Interfere with fit? Just insulation or is there a heating element? So many questions.
They go OVER the toe of the shell.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_4260.jpeg

Snow is coming so lets see how they work.

Last edited:

jwn1

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Cool. I assume there is a pretty decent adhesive on the back of those toecaps. Will keep a look out for your updates. Curious to see how they hold up skiing at speed in boot deep snow.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Curious to see how they hold up skiing at speed in boot deep snow.
Honestly, seeing how they went on ... I am hoping I will be able to take them off. :geek:

jwn1

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Honestly, seeing how they went on ... I am hoping I will be able to take them off. :geek:
Sorry a little off topic from the main post but isopropyl alcohol even at 90% is generally safe for plastics although it can leave a surface haze although I admit I don't recall ever using it on ski boots.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
I'm assuming they do not interfere with the specifications for the Alpine boot sole? (i.e. They don't encroach on the binding toe wings that need clearance of the boot upper in order to interface to the top surface of the sole.) [Section A-A and detail X]

Hotronics-bootcap.JPG

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 217655
Snow is coming so lets see how they work.

Looks like they function much as Boot Gloves, and it makes total sense that the benefit is gained mostly in the toe cap area to block the cool air rushing past the boot, or rather the boot rushing through the cool air (as occurs when skiing blacks ;).

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm assuming they do not interfere with the specifications for the Alpine boot sole? (i.e. They don't encroach on the binding toe wings that need clearance of the boot upper in order to interface to the top surface of the sole.) [Section A-A and detail X]

View attachment 217669
Addressed, since they are working with Hotronics (and BootDoc) for distribution, that has been addressed. Plus a guide is included in the packaging for installation.

deadheadskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
Very interesting concept and yes, reminds me of the Boot Glove idea.

If this product is so effective, it makes you wonder why ski boots aren't designed with such a feature already built in?

Maybe the majority of the general ski population doesn't have issues with poor circulation in their feet?

I've been using Hottronics for ten years and have been mostly pleased. However, to the designers point, you have to manage the batteries and delicate electronics. This might be a good solution for me down to 5-10 degrees and then only use the Hottronics as well on the absolutely bitter days.

At $50, it's a very low risk investment. I think I'll give it a shot.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January