• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New from Hokkaido, Japan

Rdputnam515

Getting off the lift
Skier
Greetings from northern island of Japan! Living here in Hokkaido and enjoy winter sports year after year where the pow never fails. Hope to see some of you soon on the slopes of Niseko, Kiroro, Rusutsu and Furano.
This is a dream trip for my wife and I.
Any chance you have a way to get Swans goggles over to me? Lol.
bucket list

TS
Y

YesHokkaido

Booting up
Skier

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Hi from Tokyo! Wife & I getting Furano season passes this winter; plan to be up there quite a bit, and in Niseko. Hope to see you.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Hey Bob, just sending an early video of Asahidake in Daisetsusan where it turns into a powder paradise in the winter. . Attached is a link detailing Asahidake https://www.powderskijapan.com/asahidake/. A buck list for many people even here in Hokkaido.
That is some pretty territory. Thank you.
What kind of elevation does the alpine start around there? What is timberline?
As a kid lived down on Kyushu for a few years, at that latitude don't remember there being any alpine. Lived in Alaska for a number of years and it was about 1,500'.
A curious mind.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeh! Thanks to Rainbow Jenny, my sister for the introduction into the group! Due to Covid she was really bummed...
This will be the third winter without Hokkaido for me...:nono:

I really miss being there for endless refill of powder well into the night, the steaming onsen après ski, yummy ramen/curry bowl/seafood, and Sapporo Snow Festival/Otaru Snow Light Path Festival. Want to go back to Nikka Distillery in Yoichi too!!!

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey Bob, just sending an early video of Asahidake in Daisetsusan where it turns into a powder paradise in the winter. . Attached is a link detailing Asahidake https://www.powderskijapan.com/asahidake/. A buck list for many people even here in Hokkaido.
It's on my bucket list! :crossfingers: for 2023
I really miss being there for endless refill of powder well into the night, the steaming onsen après ski, yummy ramen/curry bowl/seafood, and Sapporo Snow Festival/Otaru Snow Light Path Festival. Want to go back to Nikka Distillery in Yoichi too!!!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane! 2020 was my first time in Japan (right before Covid hit hard). What a truly amazing part of this world. I hit everything on your list, food, drink, and locale....except for the Otaru Snow Light Path Festival (although I did visit Otaru). Might have to plan around that one next time.

I would seriously pay some good money for a traditional Japanese curry dinner right now...:drool:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This will be the third winter without Hokkaido for me...:nono:

Hey... hopefully Taos will be pretty good consolation! :) (And let's hope we get some Hokkaido snow!)

Welcome to SkiTalk @YesHokkaido !

TS
Y

YesHokkaido

Booting up
Skier
Hi from Tokyo! Wife & I getting Furano season passes this winter; plan to be up there quite a bit, and in Niseko. Hope to see you.
Hey Jim, definitely hope to have you there! We operate Jstyle lodge off highway 58 on Kitanomine. I got Kiroro season pass last winter and thinking seriously about getting the Furano season pass this year.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid