• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New from Minnesota

Vintage_Skier

Booting up
Skier
Live just north of the Twin Cities and wanted to say hello. Was an avid advanced skier in the late 80's early 90's, and now 30 years later, getting back into the sport. Did most of my skiing in Washington State and Oregon. Have not been skiing yet here in Minnesota where all we have are hills. I cringe knowing I will have to make 20 runs to get at least a couple thousand vertical feet of skiing in.... ha ha!
I do love the vintage / retro skiing styles and equipment. Picked up a pair of nice K2 KVC Comp and K2 TNC Comp skis for my collection. Huge Warren Miller fan and can't wait to be back on the slopes again!
K2 KVC Comp.jpg K2 TNC Comp.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome.
Your path is the same as many of us around here. Would suggest you start out on a new pair of skis, the relearning curve will be a lot shorter for you. The classic skis were a lot of fun; the new skis are GREAT!
"It is not the miles, it's the smiles": Warren Miller.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome, from Wisconsin. I recommend following these threads with the Midwest Prefix. Lots of us in the Midwest that love to have fun.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Maybe take one run on your old skis - then go put on some new skis and you won't believe what happened while you were gone. I skied and raced on Rossi 3 G's, Nishizawa 1100 etc. and you will love the new skis.

TS
Vintage_Skier

Vintage_Skier

Booting up
Skier
My first skis I ever bought and owned were the K2 ETS back in 1989 or '90. Loved them. Back then it was a toss-up between the ETS or the ETX. From what I remember, easy to control, soft and forgiving but stable at higher speeds. Skied many black diamond runs, powder, ice and loved every minute of it.
I have to say the newer skis now look quite a bit bigger and/ or wider.
We do have an indoor ski park about 30 minutes from where I live. My youngest wants to ski and I can get some refresher courses before hitting the slopes.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
What age are your boots? Not being personal, but if they are from the vintage of when you were skiing they will quickly become an issue. Many of us have made the walk of shame after a pair 20 year old boots blew up while skiing (mine were a nice high end pair of Nordica's, they don't work well without a toe box). This is truly critical.

Aren't we good as a group at spending your money?

TS
Vintage_Skier

Vintage_Skier

Booting up
Skier
I'm starting over with equipment. I'm almost 50 now and my old equipment was when I was 18.
The skis I posted a picture of in my first post are my vintage collection not to be skied on. Will find some maybe good used newer skis, brand new boots, can get used poles.

skiJ

Getting off the lift
Skier
as would be Pinewski's in Maple Grove and Hoigaard's in St. Louis Park and HiTempo in White Bear Lake and JOE's in Roseville/Little Canada -

there are still some good shops in the twin cities --

Good luck... skiJ

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January