• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Gravel Bike - Guidance

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Thanks for the invite -we'll see if I can get over my general paranoia over sharing GPS data online. I know it's very unlikely anyone actually cares where I live or ride.

If you use the Mute ride feature on your app screen you can still post stats to the club feed without carpet bombing everyone with the GPS track/pics and without total privacy lockdown. Might help :huh:

I use a combination of private-by-default (only edited rides can be seen), home and work zone lockouts and I mute the non-private rides/skates/paddles.

TS
A

AngryAnalyst

Out on the slopes
Skier
If you use the Mute ride feature on your app screen you can still post stats to the club feed without carpet bombing everyone with the GPS track/pics and without total privacy lockdown. Might help :huh:

I use a combination of private-by-default (only edited rides can be seen), home and work zone lockouts and I mute the non-private rides/skates/paddles.

Good to know, haven't played with the settings on it at all and wasn't aware of those features.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Not a gravel rider but I live just off a gravel road, where I often take an evening walk. The other day a young couple rides by on gravel bikes, at a good clip, and waves. Five minutes later back they come. I do a big shoulder shrug :huh: like, "What happened?" She shouts out, "We hit pavement so we had to turn around!"

:roflmao:

davkt

Booting up
Skier
Thanks to my cream crackered knee (see quads tendon rupture thread!) I've got a Specialized Creo, just the E5 aluminium version as I bought it through my works cycle to work scheme (a UK government scheme that lets you buy a bike from your pre tax pay) and the E% was at the top end of the allowed spend. Basically its pretty much a Diverge with a motor, its a cracking good bike on or off road, motor on or off and doesn't weigh any more than my old (1990s) Dawes Galaxy which I'd say is the the ancestor of all gravel bikes.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Not a gravel rider but I live just off a gravel road, where I often take an evening walk. The other day a young couple rides by on gravel bikes, at a good clip, and waves. Five minutes later back they come. I do a big shoulder shrug :huh: like, "What happened?" She shouts out, "We hit pavement so we had to turn around!"

Aye Carumba!!! :geek::roflmao:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

They need a bike caddy that can swap them over to their road bike.