• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Jersey Indoor Skiing Gathering

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I am leaning towards going hiking with my husband since it will be sunny and nice hiking weather, according to the current forecast at least.
Tme of year to get it while the gettings good. Don't know if you plan to do the Appalachian trail or more local to you like Valley Forge but will say colors are beginning to pop at the Wissahickon. I stuck to running Forbidden Drive today. Warm but a little too humid for my taste. Sun came out some by late afternoon. Beautiful atmospheric low fog over the creek looking into the curve from the sealed drinking fountain that looks like a mausoleum to Rex Ave bridge. FD was soft from the rain and fallen leaves. Nice time of year to be outdoors. If we play it by ear I'm sure we'll have plenty of dreary days before the snows come to dust off the ski gear indoors at Big Snow...

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Tme of year to get it while the gettings good. Don't know if you plan to do the Appalachian trail or more local to you like Valley Forge but will say colors are beginning to pop at the Wissahickon. I stuck to running Forbidden Drive today. Warm but a little too humid for my taste. Sun came out some by late afternoon. Beautiful atmospheric low fog over the creek looking into the curve from the sealed drinking fountain that looks like a mausoleum to Rex Ave bridge. FD was soft from the rain and fallen leaves. Nice time of year to be outdoors. If we play it by ear I'm sure we'll have plenty of dreary days before the snows come to dust off the ski gear indoors at Big Snow...
That's what I am thinking too, plenty of rainy weekend days ahead before the season starts probably. Yes, Valley Forge area is great for walking/hiking, thinking of heading there this weekend. We also make the drive out to either Hickory Run State Park or Jim Thorpe for hiking.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Had a good time at Big Snow today. The 2 hour drive for the skiing available is a little rough. But it’s closer than ABasin. The baby bumps skiers left and the little travelled poma line along the park made it fun.

Olesya C

Always learning
Skier
Had a good time at Big Snow today. The 2 hour drive for the skiing available is a little rough. But it’s closer than ABasin. The baby bumps skiers left and the little travelled poma line along the park made it fun.
That's where we usually ski - the poma lift line. The other side is fraught with beginners falling left and right and crashing into things or someone sometimes. Did they have the actual bumps section or just small bumps under the poma?

I had a great time hiking with my husband today, gorgeous fall weather and foliage. Also since my husband is a non-skier I am trying to spend weekends with him more. Though if there is rainy weekend, I may come out to Big Snow one more time before the season starts.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Under the poma was smooth. The small bumps were on the other side, skiers left - which seems different than photos I’ve seen previously.

C403288B-DB49-490D-90B7-0C6B2B74B321.jpeg

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Under the poma was smooth. The small bumps were on the other side, skiers left - which seems different than photos I’ve seen previously.

View attachment 181692
Yea they were over by the wall a couple of weeks ago
IMG_2697.JPG

Suggestion to Big Snow. Lets us know when they are up. So much of a better workout when they are there