• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold New marker Xcel 12 bindings, $130 shipped

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Brand new, never mounted or used marker Xcel 12 bindings. They are feeling out in the cold on my binding shelf beside the 18s and 20s and would appreciate a new home :) Great opportunity for someone at $130 shipped

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@ScotsSkier, if they fit on the plate I have a buyer for them.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll see if I can get a photo.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is it a 3 or a 3 screw Xcel? The plate is on an older Blizzard GS with a Marker 12.0 with bad heels now. I beleive the older plate can be modified to to acommidate the 4 screws, right?

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
the Xcel are all 4 screw. Dpends on the vintage of the ski/plate. From about 2012/13 they plate was changed to accept either the comp or the Xcel so the front mount has 7 sets of holes rather than 3. The heel mount is the same on all of them.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
He'll get me some photos later today. Of course if anyone else raises their hand with $$ in their fist, take it!

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Andy. If it is the black or the white piston plate I can swap it over with one that does have the 2 sets of holes for the toe

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@ScotsSkier, he decided he has enough skis as is and isn't going to get these running. Thanks!

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Perhaps a silly question, but would these work on a Liberty V76 in 179? From the bits I’ve read online it seems like this is a kids race binding, but maybe I’m looking at the wrong thing??? :huh:

I’m not looking to race, instead just carve down groomers at speed. My DIN = 8 w/ 305 BSL & I’m about 170 lbs. I have K2 iKonic 84 Ti with the MXcell 12 TXC demo binding on them, but don’t know how these compare.

TS
ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, they would work on the V76. While used by a lot of smaller kids who are not big enough for the Xcel 16 this is a proper adult binding. Only difference to the Xcel 16 is the spring. I think as is normal with marker the base binding will be similar to the Mxcel (the M usually stands for movable as in demo) but the Xcel race has a more rigid chassis than the demo and separate forward pressure adjustment on the heel for greater accuracy in setting forward pressure

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
the Xcell is a competent 12DIN binding that is on par with any other 12 binding that you could compare it against. If I needed a binding for a 80mm (or less ski) and didn't have boxes of Salomon's, I would have no qualms putting these on a ski.