• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New member from NE Ohio

Smitty244

Booting up
Skier
Hello, I’m new here from Ohio. I do all my skiing in southwestern NY and I’d consider myself an intermediate skier in my 3rd year of skiing as often as possible. I made I trip to Colorado to visit/ski with a cousin last winter and went to copper, keystone, and ski cooper. I’m addicted and wish I lived in a better area but make the best out of what little options I have within two hrs of me.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! I grew up in Pittsburgh so not too far away. A lot of us make the best of "local" skiing and travel to better skiing.

The important thing is just being on snow! :D

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Welcome! I grew up in Pittsburgh so not too far away. A lot of us make the best of "local" skiing and travel to better skiing.

The important thing is just being on snow! :D
Welcome! I grew up in Warren, OH and started skiing at Boston Mills, Peak N Peak, Cockaign, Seven Springs. Moved to Colorado for college and never looked back. I have lived in Utah for 40 years now.

Go Browns!!!

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Greetings! I grew up in Painesville Ohio, skied at all the little places there, as well as a farm in New York, near Buffalo, where we cleared some runs and built a couple of rope tows. From there I went to Switzerland, raced the collegiate circuit in New England, worked in Colorado and retired in the PNW Cascades.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Greetings! I grew up in Painesville Ohio, skied at all the little places there, as well as a farm in New York, near Buffalo, where we cleared some runs and built a couple of rope tows. From there I went to Switzerland, raced the collegiate circuit in New England, worked in Colorado and retired in the PNW Cascades.
Wow! Small world. I grew up in Fairport Harbor, Painesville (Newell St.), Mentor, and Chardon. Have lived in Utah for 36+ years and resided in New Hampshire and Colorado before that.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Welcome! I grew up in Warren, OH and started skiing at Boston Mills, Peak N Peak, Cockaign, Seven Springs. Moved to Colorado for college and never looked back. I have lived in Utah for 40 years now.

Go Browns!!!
My first ever girlfriend was from Girard, just outside Warren. Was living in Chardon at the time. We met in the summer on Kelleys Island.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier

Go Browns!!!

I also grew up and escaped from Warren, OH. Started skiing at the same hills. I'm quite envious of your path post Ohio.

20181007_175457_resized (2).jpg

newfydog

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Wow! Small world. I grew up in Fairport Harbor, Painesville (Newell St.), Mentor, and Chardon. Have lived in Utah for 36+ years and resided in New Hampshire and Colorado before that.
Yeah, my parents retired to Plymouth NH, and I spent a fair bit of time there. I didn't learn to tap maple trees and make my own syrup in New England however. I learned that in Chardon. I grew up just down the hill from there. World class snow belt too.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yeah, my parents retired to Plymouth NH, and I spent a fair bit of time there. I didn't learn to tap maple trees and make my own syrup in New England however. I learned that in Chardon. I grew up just down the hill from there. World class snow belt too.

Chardon is definitely in the snow belt: averages ~ 124" per year if I recall correctly. Sounds like you may have attended the Chardon Maple Festival a time or two! My youngest brother and his best friend constructed their own sugar house in the woods behind our home, pooled their resources to purchase some used equipment, and made maple syrup during their high school years, selling most of it from the bed of a pick-up truck at the festival.