• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New member from Ontario

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Welcome to the party. Nothing wrong with local so long as you have snow and the beer is cold.

TS
Tomkat1962

Tomkat1962

Booting up
Skier
Well you haven’t seen my local skiing lol! I have 2 midweek passes. 30 minutes from home gets me 250 vertical and 2.5 hours gets me 700 vertical. But my goal is to get some short radius carving skis and improve with lots of practice and some instruction.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’m guessing near Glen Eden with trips to Collingwood? I’m from London with it’s 95 vertical foot Boler Mountain(Byron Bump lol), so it’s a 3.5 hour drive to Moonstone or 2:45 hours to Blue Mountain for more than 3 turns a run! Haha

Ontario is good practice still and makes you appreciate trips out West even more. Welcome!

TS
Tomkat1962

Tomkat1962

Booting up
Skier
I’m guessing near Glen Eden with trips to Collingwood? I’m from London with it’s 95 vertical foot Boler Mountain(Byron Bump lol), so it’s a 3.5 hour drive to Moonstone or 2:45 hours to Blue Mountain for more than 3 turns a run! Haha

Ontario is good practice still and makes you appreciate trips out West even more. Welcome!
Yup Glen Eden/Blue Mountain combo. Ugh! Lol!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Got 100's of days on hills that size (or smaller).
Bigger is better, but it is all good.

freeskier1961

still aspiring
Skier
from Belleville? I went to school in Picton. Been out in Vancouver since 1978
skied old MCauley mountain in Picton, ventured to Devils Elbow, Osler's Bluff, Calabogie Peaks, Jay Peak, Tremblant, Smugglers Notch. mostly through High school ski trips. Love the West!! spoiled with W/B. now, been all over N America skiing.
Welcome...Enjoy your season!!

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Ever go to Whiteface? Easy drive from Belleville. Not this year though.

Can't stand the place. Same drive, actually better, I'm in Tremblant.

from Belleville? I went to school in Picton. Been out in Vancouver since 1978
skied old MCauley mountain in Picton, ventured to Devils Elbow, Osler's Bluff, Calabogie Peaks, Jay Peak, Tremblant, Smugglers Notch. mostly through High school ski trips. Love the West!! spoiled with W/B. now, been all over N America skiing.
Welcome...Enjoy your season!!
Oh God, another one. How about MountainView, Oak Hills, Oshawa Ski Club, Nacona. Sorry to say DE went down last year. Dacre Highlands.....Snow Ridge!!

You probably know 1/2 my extended family....

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yup Glen Eden/Blue Mountain combo. Ugh! Lol!

Was at Glen Eden and Boler Mountain years ago with friends just starting skiing and chuckled when I used my Ski Tracks app and realized it stayed on 0 runs all day. Showed the rise and fall of vertical of runs on the graph but must have thought “there’s no way he’s done the run yet?”. Haha

Sponsor

Staff online