• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Member from Texas

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Whoa, let's not get carried away here!

KIDDING!
3q3xc.gif
Wait a minute, I didn't bold the font of "even snowboarders".

TS
Dbull65

Dbull65

Booting up
Skier
Welcome, fellow squid. I was stationed in Pearl Harbor, and went to boot camp in San Diego. That was so long ago we actually trained along with the Shah of Iran's sailors.

I was on a Submarine out of San Diego, then I was in the Special Boat Units at the Amphib base in SD.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
What Boat? I was on the Pintado, SSN 672. Then SBU 13, followed by SBU12
MM1 on Ulysses Grant SSBN 631B. Eight patrols in the North Atlantic. Loved Killington as I could ski, go away for 105 days then come back and ski again. Worked for the best Nuclear plant Connecticut Yankee when I got out.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
MM1 on Ulysses Grant SSBN 631B. Eight patrols in the North Atlantic. Loved Killington as I could ski, go away for 105 days then come back and ski again. Worked for the best Nuclear plant Connecticut Yankee when I got out.
I skied my ass off during prototype training in Idaho Falls 1978-79. Grand Targhee, Kelly Canyon, Taylor Mountain, Skyline (Pebble Creek), Sun Valley, and Bogus Basin.
I had the same idea after getting out, working for the civilian nukes. All those want ads in the back of Navy Times! I did a summer internship at Hanford at one of their reactors while I was working on my chemical engineering degree, but Chernobyl put an end to that.

Sponsor