• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New member from WI/MN

Lane Myer

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi all. Saying hi from the Western Wisconsin / Twin Cities metro area. Grew up skiing Afton in the late 80s with some high school spring break trips out to Breckenridge that left an impression. Recently rekindled my love of the sport by getting my 12 year old up on skis. The immensely helpful reviews here pointed me towards some new Nordica Navigator 85s, which I'm loving, so thank you for that. Quite a difference from the old K2s I got at Ski Hut in Wayzata, MN back in the day. Looking forward to plugging into this community as I get my son ready for his first ski trip out West!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi all. Saying hi from the Western Wisconsin / Twin Cities metro area. Grew up skiing Afton in the late 80s with some high school spring break trips out to Breckenridge that left an impression. Recently rekindled my love of the sport by getting my 12 year old up on skis. The immensely helpful reviews here pointed me towards some new Nordica Navigator 85s, which I'm loving, so thank you for that. Quite a difference from the old K2s I got at Ski Hut in Wayzata, MN back in the day. Looking forward to plugging into this community as I get my son ready for his first ski trip out West!
BTW, is your son's name Badger? If so... :hail::hail::hail:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome to Ski Talk! Since you're going out west, I'll have to assume you're going to take on the K-12. Try to keep both skis on!

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome to the mix of incredible enthusiasm and despondency that is the Midwest skiers on this forum ;-)

Sponsor