• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Owner for Silver Mountain, Idaho

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Jeld-Wen Holdings, owner of Silver Moutain in Kellogg, Idaho handed over the reins to the new owner last week, Tryg Fortun.
Fortun is a Silver Mountain regular and an owner of condominiums at Silver Mountain.
His plan is to amp up the stoke and take the resort to the next level.
Silver Mountain sale a long time coming
New Owner Take Reins at Silver Mountain
Photo from Silver Mountain's Twitter feed.
Cvu1L2kVMAAY3Lg.jpg:large

Last edited:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Silver is easy enough to get to, from Spokane airport it's an easy hour-and-15-minute drive on I-90 to Kellogg. Take the gondola to the ski slopes.
It's about 6 hours drive for me, so if there is a Pug trip please let me know.

teledance

Booting up
Skier
It's a nice piece of my own private Idaho, the new owner is going to have a hard time changing things without spending a lot on improvements to Silver.

My old ski hill Pebble Creek and now Silver the times are a changing.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What ever happened to Bruce Willis' resort that he was putting up for sale?

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah, Soldier Mt, ID. Willis donated the area to local non-profit in 2012.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
New owner has made a few changes. All he lifties are wearing the same Silver Coat, Ski hosts are in the area especially weekends, the snack/drink snack shack is open on the weekends at chairs 4 midway loading. Silver is grooming lower gold regularly making it easier to ski to the snack shack. The menu has changed in the Moguls bar and has been very good, the service in Moguls is much better than in the past. Overall from lifties, witnresses, customer service the attitude and friendliness of the Silver Staff is much improved. Also the ski school has a new boss and seems to be doing a good job.

The powder is the same and is in control of mother nature, however the grooming is improving.

Sponsor

Staff online