• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New/refurbished lifts for 2022-23

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
Whistler has announced that Big Red and Creekside will not be ready for opening day due to supply-chain and shipping issues. Estimated opening for BR is early December and no estimate on the gondola. Hopefully they'll have the gondola ready before Christmas or they're looking at nightmare holiday season without the upload capacity and parking at Creekside.
From WhistlerBlackcomb:
--quote--
  • Whistler Blackcomb will provide free and frequent shuttles to transport guests who choose to park and/or are staying at Creekside to and from Whistler Village, between 8am-5pm, until construction is completed. The Base II lots (6-8) on Blackcomb will be open and remain free; Whistler Village day lots (1-5) will also be open. There will additionally be electronic highway signage to inform those arriving by car from the lower mainland with the most up-to-date options for parking.

• We will provide expedited lift access for guests arriving from Creekside at both the Village and Blackcomb Gondolas, and we will open our lifts at both the Whistler and Blackcomb base areas 15 minutes early (at 8:15am, conditions permitting), until construction is completed.
I have no idea what "expedited lift access" means. Their own line through the turnstiles as their bus unloads???

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
There's a bunch in the midwest this year too.

chris_the_wrench

Spinning wrenches and throwing spokes.
Skier
9. Whitefish MT - Chair 4, scary triple replaced with High speed quad that goes much higher.
The real advantage will be it starts lower, hopefully resolves the shat show getting out of the base on 6.

But, the skiing on that part of the mtn sucks, better to stick to chair 1. :cool:

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
The real advantage will be it starts lower, hopefully resolves the shat show getting out of the base on 6.

But, the skiing on that part of the mtn sucks, better to stick to chair 1. :cool:
The old Chair 4 was a hidden gem for an early Saturday snow day - I will miss that part. Perhaps Chair 2 will be much less traveled now, as I'm sure the crowd will go for the new 6 pack.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Whistler has announced that Big Red and Creekside will not be ready for opening day due to supply-chain and shipping issues. Estimated opening for BR is early December and no estimate on the gondola. Hopefully they'll have the gondola ready before Christmas or they're looking at nightmare holiday season without the upload capacity and parking at Creekside.
I wondered if that was on track, Creekside base is still a construction zone.
I usually don't ski at Christmas break anyway, and our interior hills are rarely very decent before January; so looks like it's going to be a tropical December.
At least my wife will be happy.

Sponsor

Staff online