• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New "Rugged" Subaru-- 2022 OUTBACK WILDERNESS

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
...and with the '22 Forester refresh with updated improved suspension across the lineup will come the Forester Wilderness Ed:

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
The new Outback fairly well reflects the old critique that SUVs are big on the outside and small on the inside. Big with a small cockpit - it’s really the low roofline and doesn’t take up less space than a modern mid-size SUV.

057457A9-81EE-4134-9E52-1240345C1191.jpeg

This is a loaner while the Ascent is serviced - they managed to break my windshield while installing ceramic tint and some other goodies.

Big thing that jumps out to me driving is you have sport driving seating position, but the CVT and turbo don’t want to run. The 2015 Forrester XT with the 2.0 turbo is much more of a sports car despite its SUV seating position.

Nice handling and easy to drive for its size, can’t really find any faults outside of the big and small sizing. The Ascent is way more of a road tripper especially Touring edition and has a ton more room for minimal dimensions penalty.

The Outback is for people who want an Outback, I think. You all know who you are.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
So ms. nay had a first gen Outback and she loves it. Not as much as the Ascent and we all agree the back seat is a pit…the kids (16-22) like it the least. They all think to some degree it’s just weird.

It’s by the most car like of the “offroad” oriented models. It more feels like it deserves a six speed…that low seating position the opposite of what you want offroad, ruggedized or not.

F1375DD4-704C-4932-B335-3C189F9DF609.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online