• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New to SkiTalk - So WhatAboutBob?

WhatAboutBob

Booting up
Skier
I started skiing in Jr High via the Massachusetts Ski Club talking a bus up to NH back in the days of straight skis and binding straps. My parent's thought it would be a great money saving idea to get me longer skis (170cm) for someone who had never been on skis. I survived those years and learned to ski at Bobcat Mountain and Cannon Mountain back when Cannon had the 2 x T-Bar to the summit. I took a hiatus off during college primarily due to funds.

I started skiing periodically after college, but the gang I hung out with in the Boston area were all members of the EICL Ski Clubs up in Mount Washington Valley. When I completed my second Bachelor's degree, I went out to check it out and then became a full fledged ski club member. I met my wife up in MWV and proposed to her at Wildcat. We took a break after buying a house and getting a couple of dogs, but we got back into skiing because we wanted out daughter to learn this awesome sport. We enrolled her in hour long weekly lessons for several years at Ski Bradford in Haverhill MA. I cannot express my joy for the patience they had with my daughter.

This past season we skied 31 days at Crotched Mountain and my daughter participated in there season long all day Saturday program. That program is amazing! She went from an Advanced Beginner to a strong Intermediate.
My favorite mountains out east are Cannon, Wildcat, Stowe and Sugarloaf. I've been out west only a handful of times (3 x Jackson Hole, 1 x SLC Utah, 1 x Summit County CO, 1 day @ Kirkwood) with Jackson Hole being my favorite.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Starts with a B, Bob. Ends with a B, Bob. So Bob, what is your name?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
My favorite mountains out east are Cannon, Wildcat, Stowe and Sugarloaf. I've been out west only a handful of times (3 x Jackson Hole, 1 x SLC Utah, 1 x Summit County CO, 1 day @ Kirkwood) with Jackson Hole being my favorite.

You will find that there is a significant contingent of Stowe fans here (notably me :rolleyes: ).

The SkiTalk community holds "gatherings"; I organize the New England version. We've been to Stowe and Sugarloaf in past years so keep an eye peeled for discussions of the 2022 version (probably won't see anything until the Fall though).

Sponsor

Staff online