• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Newbie just sayin' hi

Bobcat77

Booting up
Skier
Hi,
I'm a newbie just sayin' hi. I joined earlier today, Feb.16, 2021. I'm hoping to learn here how to remount my bindings and tune my skis, as well as help others with their questions, too, if I can. "Bobcat77" refers to where I learned how to ski (Bobcat ski area, now named Crotched Mountain Ski & Ride, located in Bennington, NH), as well as the approx. year I learned (1977). I love to ski ⛷, I love cats (visualize the warm, furry side of a vibrating "purr-body"), and I'm grateful that Bobcats are making a comeback in New England. Cats rule. Thanks for reading my first post.

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome to SkiTalk @Bobcat77... the New England/Northeast thread is a pretty good place to hang out if you haven't already found it yet.

EDIT: I've not skied Crotched yet, but I've always wanted to just because of the trail names! I work in the space industry.

TS
Bobcat77

Bobcat77

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for your reply. I, too, like the trail names at Crotched Mountain. For what it's worth, I'm not in the space industry but I'm interested in UFOs (one of the trails at Crotched is named "UFO", if I'm not mistaken). Believe it or not, I saw a UFO in Francestown, NH, approx. five miles from Crotched Mtn. and approx. 10 air miles from the New Boston Air Force Station (radar installation). New Boston is just a few miles west of Manchester, NH.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Sponsor

Staff online