• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Next Season's Gatherings?

James

Out There
Instructor
Deep Temerity is that long twisting half pipeish trail filled with moguls, right?
At some point, it can feel like this somehow-

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
Nothing official... but I'll reiterate that I'm planning to be skiing Aspen the 6 days from 2/28/21 - 3/5/21.

I am not sure anyone else has yet to be this pessimistic in here....

But could you all not be so selfish ruin the ski season for the rest of us who are not meeting up with other people.

Thanks. Bye.

Given the timing of the gathering, I doubt it would ruin the ski season. If the gathering is enough to fubar the season, I expect that some other gathering would likely ruin it earlier in the season.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I supposed it's all in the perspective. :ogbiggrin:
I have yet to ski with you but from what I've heard I think Jenny's perspective is on target!
You must become one with the mountain. You are dancing with the mountain..... or something very similar to that King Grump once told over a few cocktails.... . Yea, ok...... I’m dancing alright.....

James

Out There
Instructor
The way things are going, if I leave VT during the season I may not be allowed back in.
The way things are going... we’re on track for 300,000 dead by Christmas. We could even blow by that. VT is an oasis, but for how much longer?

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The wife and I had it back in January before they knew what it was and couldn’t diagnose it. It was like a flu with bronchitis. I fought the flu/fever symptoms for just under a week and the chest congestion for a week after without meds. The wife, who has a compromised immune system, battled it for a month with antibiotics and steroids. About the time she was half way through it Corona took the news cycle by storm. We both now test strong positive for antibodies. Personally, I’m not worried about it.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You must become one with the mountain. You are dancing with the mountain..... or something very similar to that King Grump once told over a few cocktails.... . Yea, ok...... I’m dancing alright.....

Dancing like Elaine is what I'd be doing. ogsmile
Benes.png

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Here:https://aspen.roundshot.com/power-of-four/

And, if you click on the camera icons, you get different views of the area.
In addition to the different views, the roundshots for Aspen will show you timelapses over a period of time and number of shots you choose. Here's one I did for the past week from the valley cam... The snow storms roll in half way through.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't believe everything you hear. The MSM is trying to skew the image of King Grump.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
No one should go to Highlands, it’s horrible.
You sound like the people that like Loveland.:roflmao:

If I make it to Aspen, I'm thinking 1 day at Ajax, 2 at Highlands, and 3 at Snowmass. (Maybe slip a Buttermilk in there depending on conditions.)

James

Out There
Instructor
The wife and I had it back in January before they knew what it was and couldn’t diagnose it. It was like a flu with bronchitis. I fought the flu/fever symptoms for just under a week and the chest congestion for a week after without meds. The wife, who has a compromised immune system, battled it for a month with antibiotics and steroids. About the time she was half way through it Corona took the news cycle by storm. We both now test strong positive for antibodies. Personally, I’m not worried about it.
You in Seattle area?
Did you ever get a pcr test back then? It’s so early it would be interesting to know the genome of the virus if they saved the swab.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I supposed it's all in the perspective. :ogbiggrin:

Deep Temerity was the site of one of my favorite Bruce moments.
I was having a bad day, for some reason my skiing just wasn't working right.
@KingGrump sees me from the chair. After a couple laps we sync up and meet at the bottom.
The first thing he says to me?
"Mike, if you keep skiing like that they aren't going to let you into Taos."

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Right. So what’s that mogul trail?

They are all bump run over at Deep Temerity. :duck: Some bumpier than others. Sorry, correction, some are tree runs with bumps.
The bump run under the lift is Kessler's. The top part is a little boring. Just a steep open trails with bumps. Nothing notable. My favorite off that lift is Power Line into Mushroom. Power line is a tree run left of Mushroom off the top.

I have yet to ski with you but from what I've heard I think Jenny's perspective is on target!

Don't believe everything you hear.
Many have skied with me at various gatherings and get togethers. All survived. I think.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Deep Temerity is that long twisting half pipeish trail filled with moguls, right?

Deep Temerity is the name of the lift, but I also thought that phrase referred to the terrain area serviced by the lift; i.e., Sodbuster, Kessler's and all those trees, etc.

That long twisting half pipe-ish trail that you refer to is what I thought was Mushroom Chutes.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
They are all bump run over at Deep Temerity. :duck: Some bumpier than others. Sorry, correction, some are tree runs with bumps.

Don't believe everything you hear.
Many have skied with me at various gatherings and get togethers. All survived. I think.

I’ve always considered bumps my nemesis, then in March, my trainer startled me by saying that I won’t have any trouble passing the bump portion of the L2 ski exam. I know that doesn’t mean a whole lot but it just goes to show that Bruce&Mamei set the bar pretty high for all of us. They know I love skiing with them, don’t let my hyperbole scare you away, @TheArchitect... ok, he handed me an Andrew Jackson to write this.

Sponsor

Staff online