• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Next step from Head i-Magnum

TS
G

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Here is a Cage Match between the Head and K2.
Phil, the cagematch is a bit weird for me. They look like completely different skis other than the waist. Are the MTIs more comparable to the Rossi Hero Elite LT/Blizzard WRC/Head Speed?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, the cagematch is a bit weird for me. They look like completely different skis other than the waist. Are the MTIs more comparable to the Rossi Hero Elite LT/Blizzard WRC/Head Speed?
They are different skis, hence the Cage Match. No, the MTi is really set up to go against skis in the class of the Supershapes along with upcoming skis like the Blizzard Thunderbirds and Dynastar Speed 763 and to an extent the Volkl Deacon Master 76 and the Master 72 which will go head to head with the also upcoming Disruption Ti with both coming with Marker Piston Plates.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
mti feels more friendly than my rossi LT, but at the same time has more power, maybe? its kinda weird, but like it. I tend to ski it more than my rossi LT.

I have an order in for the new 72 master... I did put it in before I looked at pricing.... auchie :p

TS
G

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
mti feels more friendly than my rossi LT, but at the same time has more power, maybe? its kinda weird, but like it. I tend to ski it more than my rossi LT.

I have an order in for the new 72 master... I did put it in before I looked at pricing.... auchie :p
Hmm... I never loved the deacon series, I like them fine. Maybe I'll take a look at the deacon masters. I like the LT, never felt they were out of reach for me. If MTI offers more power and more friendliness, then they might be the ticket. Out of all the skis I demo, magnum and mx84 (the old school one before Kastle changed) are the two skis that I like almost immediately.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
deacon as a series has such a broad range, you cant really write the entire series off, but yeah, tons of not wow skis in it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
deacon as a series has such a broad range, you cant really write the entire series off, but yeah, tons of not wow skis in it.
I thought the Deacon Pro 72 and 76 along with the Deacon V.Werks were all wow skis.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I thought the Deacon Pro 72 and 76 along with the Deacon V.Werks were all wow skis.
bought the v-werks, so agree, and orderd the 72 pro since you said it was wow :D

should I get a 76 as well? ;)

when I said all was not wow I was reffering to the lower end skis in series, you know I love my 84s ;)

2021-04-08 15.04.01.jpg

TS
G

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
I demo'd Deacon 74 or maybe 76 in 2019-2020 season. I think they were fine skis, I vaguely remember they have longer tip/tail rocker than I expected.

Sponsor

Staff online