• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NFL 2023

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Nah, eagles got this, they should rest their players this week in practice.
It looks like they rested in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters against the 9ers. Maybe they will be good to go!

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Eagles need to get their s&%t together this week or the Cowboys will be in the top seat in the NFC East.
I don’t want to see it but even if Dallas wins this weekend, they have the tougher path to taking the NFC East. They still have to play the Bills and Dolphins away then get Detroit and Washington at home. Eagles have Seattle, Arizona and the Giants twice. Would make beating Seattle the following week very important for the eagles but they would control their seating.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah Philly got the better end of that deal, 9ers lost Greenlaw, Philly lost a security guy.

Cowboys need to watch for that this week playing Philthy, security guy may pick a fight with Dak or something. :snowball:
Bizarre that a non member of the Eagles team got involved with an altercation with a player and I'm not sure it's much a consequence to throw him out. Greenlaw deserved his personal foul for the body slam but the ejection was a joke. He's the hothead on the Niners and is prone to dumb stuff from time to time.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks - I actually hadn’t seen that one. I only heard about certain Niners trash talk. Obviously media will focus on what they choose. And not sure about out there, but I find our local sports radio generally tiresome so I tend to avoid it except for brief periods.
By no means am I claiming that the Niners don't talk trash....Deebo is a massive trash talker. He's been pissed about the NFC champ game since last year but, whatever, make a statement on the field. These are young alpha males...they use the trash talk for motivation or whatever else. They play a violent, emotional game....it doesn't really surprise me. I also don't believe pro athletes really need any extra emotion but remember MJ used to literally fabricate imagined slights by other players to go out and show them up. Lol.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It is interesting what motivates them. Brady used that late round pick issue for his whole career even after he was beating everyone - it obviously worked for him. McNabb never got over the stupid booing at the draft because they didn’t take Ricky Williams - not sure that helped him.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I don’t want to see it but even if Dallas wins this weekend, they have the tougher path to taking the NFC East. They still have to play the Bills and Dolphins away then get Detroit and Washington at home. Eagles have Seattle, Arizona and the Giants twice. Would make beating Seattle the following week very important for the eagles but they would control their seating.
I forgot the Eagles already beat Dallas. I was thinking if they lose this weekend they'd both have lost 3 with Philly losing to the Boys. Nevermind!

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Next week might be a good time for the lake effect machine to kick in.

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bizarre that a non member of the Eagles team got involved with an altercation with a player and I'm not sure it's much a consequence to throw him out. Greenlaw deserved his personal foul for the body slam but the ejection was a joke. He's the hothead on the Niners and is prone to dumb stuff from time to time.
I still find it so odd they call that a penalty in the NFL. Wrestlers everywhere laugh at that flag LOL

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
Bizarre that a non member of the Eagles team got involved with an altercation with a player
Yeah, the refs should not have gotten involved with him, security should have handled him...oh, wait...

Tex

Yee-haw!
Skier
seahawks-seattle.gif

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Joe Flacco ??

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So much for the "Purdy doesn't thow deep" people.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
The Commanders had their best weekend of the season. :P They had a bye this week and a bunch of other lousy teams lost, improving their draft pick position for next season. :ogbiggrin:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
They had a bye this week and a bunch of other lousy teams lost, improving their draft pick position for next season. :ogbiggrin:
Wait, wait, wait... if a bunch of other teams lost... the Commanders will have a later pick in the draft. Which is making their position worse, not improving, right?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What a gem in Vegas. Breathless.. :roflmao:
Wow... that's only the 7th 3-0 game since the merger. All the lower scoring games (2-0 wins, and 0-0 ties) in history happened before 1944. The last 3-0 game before this was a Steelers/Dolphins game in 2007.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
Wait, wait, wait... if a bunch of other teams lost... the Commanders will have a later pick in the draft. Which is making their position worse, not improving, right?
Oops. You're correct. Four lousy teams won, which helps the Commanders draft chances. We need a couple more to pull off upsets Monday night and we'll run the table for a perfect weekend.:crossfingers:

TS
scott43

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Wow... that's only the 7th 3-0 game since the merger. All the lower scoring games (2-0 wins, and 0-0 ties) in history happened before 1944. The last 3-0 game before this was a Steelers/Dolphins game in 2007.
You know I didn't get to see the game, just the score. I do wonder if it really was a defensive gem, I love good defence, or if it was just complete ineptitude and the fans in the seats just wanted to kill themselves.. :ogbiggrin:

Sponsor

Staff online