• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^

Stayed at the Crystal Inn for 3 nights last season during the Alta/Snowbird leg of the Gathering. Very nice mid-level lodging. We had a car, but there were quite a few folk using the shuttle.

Right off the I-215 exit there is a Studio 6 Extended Stay, which has kitchenettes in the rooms. Not having stayed there, I can't give it a review, but I have it on my list to consider the next time I'm out that way. Looks like there's a canyon shuttle stop not far from it.

I have stayed in the Studio 6 a number of times. Not fancy, but fine for the price. If you want to go out to eat instead of cooking, there is not much wihtin walking distance.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I've heard that if you want to rely on the bus to get up the canyon on a powder day, you should stay near the beginning of the route, not near the mouth of the canyon. Because the bus will be full by the time it gets there.

We stayed at the La Quinta in Midvale (I think? -- don't think it was Sandy) which is near an early ski bus stop and close to a light rail stop, which I think goes to the airport. It turned out we had cars, but it might work well without. The rooms were in good shape.

Gentry

Booting up
Skier
Crystal Inn is definitely looking like one of the better options for those not renting a car. Ski bus stop right outside the doors. About $100 a night. Free breakfast and light dinner. Free airport shuttle. And like above poster noted. it's not at the mouth of the canyon so I don't expect any issues finding room on the ski bus on a poweder day.

Sponsor

Staff online