• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Non-cotton turtleneck needed

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have a couple polypropylene turtlenecks but I can’t find any replacements that are non-cotton. Actually I found the Terramar thermalator but that’s it. Are there any others? I did buy the landsend silk turtleneck but the neck is a little saggy. I go base layer, turtleneck, mid layer, jacket. Mock-neck doesn’t work for me - I need to go full turtle. What do you do?

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Bingo! Now add the requirement for XLT. I found some mock turtle Underarmor shirts on backorder searching Amazon, but ultimately went with a Land's End model last fall. I don't recall seeing a silk version. A nice long tail that doesn't come untucked on my long torso. A mock is enough for me with a fleece mid-layer with a zipped mock collar to fit under my insulated jacket.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I think I already complained about the end of producing full turtlenecks in the crumundgeon thread. Imagine how much more profit the sweat shops can eek out by not including that extra 3-4 inches of collar material! So, all we get now is mock Ts. Don't get me started on covered zippers..

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I agree. It would be nice to have some turtlenecks without zippers!

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
I can find a fwe options, but the wool ones are all a bit pricey. I guess shopping around for something on sale would be the best option

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
What about this one?
469-SkiTalk-SKI-TALK-Pugski-Navy-500x500.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a couple polypropylene turtlenecks but I can’t find any replacements that are non-cotton. Actually I found the Terramar thermalator but that’s it. Are there any others? I did buy the landsend silk turtleneck but the neck is a little saggy. I go base layer, turtleneck, mid layer, jacket. Mock-neck doesn’t work for me - I need to go full turtle. What do you do?
Full turtle? With baclava, plus face masks, buff's etc due to COVID, is full turtle still necessary? Even pre-COVID, mock-neck with baclava works well, otherwise too much material at the neck...

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Full turtle? With baclava, plus face masks, buff's etc due to COVID, is full turtle still necessary? Even pre-COVID, mock-neck with baclava works well, otherwise too much material at the neck...
Yes.. and especially good for everyday use... with a jacket and hat going to the store or work. Way better than a mock T. Better looking more comfortable, nothing better about a mock t for everyday use.

TS
1chris5

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I like the turtle vs mock. I like the extra real estate covered. I wear a thin neck gaiter but occasionally it rides up the back of my neck.