• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Noob Patroller in WNY

Spam16v

Zac
Skier
Just finished OEC & now a patroller (with much left to learn) here in Western New York. Second season back skiing. Did the liftie thing back in the 90’s, then ski school, then promptly moved to SC, then TX, LA, CA, PA, CT & now I’m back & in one place. I work for 3M corporate mostly from home. Done lots of stuff from the Army, to VW, Audi & Porsche master tech, to production management and engineering/ maintenance management in manufacturing plants and now energy management for North American sites. Been looking around for ski forums. Do a little skinning/AT and like to carve when I’m not out of bounds in the trees acting a fool.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bristol, Holiday Valley, Holimont?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Neat... Kissing Bridge is one I know nothing about. (But there are a lot of resorts in New York.) Looks like a short but sprawling fun place. :)

TS
S

Spam16v

Zac
Skier
It’s not tall, but it’s wide and sprawling across a long finger of a ridge. It’s not much, but it’s home. Grew up 4 miles away and worked here in high school 20 years ago. I don’t consider it a ski resort, more of a ski area.

TS
S

Spam16v

Zac
Skier
I raced downhill there on my bicycle in the 90’s and ski’d in 98/99. Definitely nice to get 3x the run per lift ride.
Welcome from another WNY guy, although I'm a Bristol homie. Come ski the "big"hill sometime!

Sponsor

Staff online