• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nordica Announces 2020-21 Enforcer 100, Enforcer 94, and Hands-Free Boot Collection
Limited early availability at retail beginning next month, January 2020

WEST LEBANON, N.H. – Dec. 19, 2019 – Nordica USA today announced details about its completely redesigned Enforcer 100 and new Enforcer 94 all mountain ski models, and a new “hands-free” ski boot collection called the HF. All three products will be available to the skiing public in limited quantities at select Nordica retailers starting in January 2020.

“For the past three years we have been obsessing over reinventing and improving the core of the Enforcer collection as well as building a new and exciting hands-free boot,” explained Sam Beck, Nordica USA’s director of marketing. “Through relentless testing and countless rounds of prototypes we introduce the new 2021 Enforcer 100, Enforcer 94, and HF boot project.”

The versatile workhorse of Nordica’s all mountain ski collection, the Nordica Enforcer 100 has been named “Best in Test” or earned “Editor’s Choice” awards every year since it was introduced in 2015.

pastedGraphic.png

Building off the proven Enforcer platform, and after three years of multiple iterations and extensive testing, the new Enforcer 100 receives the company’s True Tip Technology and carbon chassis, which were successfully introduced on the Enforcer 88 and 104 Free last year. True Tip uses less ABS plastic in the tip helping reduce swing weight, making the 100 even more playful and versatile while the carbon chassis reduces weight and maintains the power and stability that Enforcers are known for.

Nordica also studied its previous size offerings of the Enforcer 100 and expanded the new model’s range from four to five allowing for consistent shape and unique rocker-camber profiles for each size. The new sizes are 165, 172, 179, 186, and 191 cm, and MSRP is $850.

The new Enforcer 94 replaces the Enforcer 93, and also features True Tip Technology and a carbon chassis. The extra 1mm width applied to five new sizes coupled with unique rocker-camber profiles for each size provides a consistent feel throughout with maximum edge hold for laying down turns on groomers, blasting through crud, or exploring the entire resort. The new sizes are the same as offered with the Enforcer 100 with an MSRP of $800.

The complete Enforcer collection now includes the new 100 and 94, along with the narrower Enforcer 88 for firm and mixed conditions, and the wider Enforcer 115 Free, 110 Free, and 104 Free, with the “Free” moniker indicating they are for deeper and softer conditions.

The all new HF boot collection is designed for those who want to have fun and keep skiing without having to think about their equipment.

The four-boot collection offers the performance and comfort of Nordica’s Machine family of boots with a new Hands-Free entry shell and closure system. The key to the design is its performance one-piece customizable Primaloft® 3D Cork Fit liner, which wraps around the heel and forefoot like a traditional boot, providing heel retention and control while allowing for an extremely large opening of 40-degrees to easily slip a foot in or out.

The HF’s Wonder Lock buckle system allows for hands-free closure - just step on the rear closure buckle with the other ski boot and you are ready to ski. The rear closure buckle may also be conveniently closed or opened with a ski pole. The Maxcontrol Pivot provides perfect alignment between the rear cuff and shell providing exceptional lateral support for immediate ski response.

Available in two men’s and two women’s models, with the premium-level HF Elite models featuring mobile-controllable Therm-ic heated liners, and Michelin® Gripwalk® soles for easy walking.

Built around a 102mm last, the men’s flex rating is 110 and the women’s is 85. MSRPs are $900 for the HF Elite and HF Elite W, and $700 for the HF 110 and HF 85 W. The HF 110 will be available early next month, January 2020, with the remaining models available Fall 2020.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh jeebus, here we go down the rabbit hole.

In the best possible way, of course!

E100 dimensions staying the same?

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Where are the tech fittings I’m waiting for?

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
:huh: I wish them the best of luck. There is a segment of skiers that thse will be the absolute best option. It might not be for you, or for me but they will surely fit need.
How big of a segment could a $700 or $900 rear entry boot be? What need do you see that fitting, especially at that price point?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How big of a segment could a $700 or $900 rear entry boot be? What need do you see that fitting, especially at that price point?
$700-900 is Retail, not MAP. Go to an ski area, anywhere. Start counting how many rear entry boots you see in a lift line, with more than half of them being Salomon SX boots. Some of these people are still in these boots because of cost factors, the majority are because there is not a modern alternative. IF and since we haven't skied the boot yet, I will stay with if, this new boot is what Nordica expects it to be, it will but a success. And it making dollar one and it keeps people skiing and enjoying the sport, that also makes the boot a success.

Last edited:

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
I don't really pay much attention to what boots people are wearing, so perhaps there are more rear entries out there than I imagine.

Still seems like it would be a very small niche to me at that high of a MSRP, but I admit, have to give Noridica benefit of the doubt here as successful as they have been. And give them credit, this one does seem outside the box at the moment.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
:huh: I wish them the best of luck. There is a segment of skiers that thse will be the absolute best option. It might not be for you, or for me but they will surely fit need.

Definitely. I'm just feeling snarky. I'm a big proponent of anything that encourages increased participation & enjoyment in skiing. As long as it isn't at my resort of choice, that is. :ogcool:

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
$700-900 is Retail, not MAP. Go to an ski area, anywhere. Start counting how many rear entry boots you see in a lift line, with more than half of them being Salomon SX boots. Some of these people are still in these boots because of cost factors, the majority are because there is not a modern alternative. IF and since we haven't skied the boot yet, I will stay with if, this new boot is what Nordica expects it to be, it will but a success. And it making dollar one and it keeps people skiing and enjoying the sport, that also makes the boot a success.
Who knows, with modern technology they may have a way to make it work. I could also see a boot like this doing especially well in the rental market. That said it is probably not going to be the boot for me or my family.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I dunno, that video evoked fond memories of my SX91 Equipes (which are still in the back of my closet). And, while I know that there are more precise, but less comfortable, options out there than my Dalbello cabriolets, I'm not parting with them either.

Seems to me that someone around here still skis in rear entry Salomons... And he doesn't ski half bad ;)

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I love a good game of “does this affect the women’s counterparts as well?”

Also curious why some brands roll out women’s changes a season after the men’s. You’d think there’d be economies of scale updating them together.
With the changes being made to the women's skis too, we will see that release upcoming. Why not at the same time? Fair question. I will say last year when the Enforcer 88 and Santa Ana 88 were announced, the Santa Ana was the one to get a "Proto Project" ski...but still years after all men's verisons.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I would buy a rear entry if

a. it was cantable/rampable
b. had a legit 150 flex
c. didnt let my foot move around.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't really pay much attention to what boots people are wearing, so perhaps there are more rear entries out there than I imagine.

Still seems like it would be a very small niche to me at that high of a MSRP, but I admit, have to give Noridica benefit of the doubt here as successful as they have been. And give them credit, this one does seem outside the box at the moment.
Niche is is where brands are hoping to get a foothold...pun intended. Nordica hops that all of these sales will be conquest sales and not canabalize sales from their other boots...well maybe a few Sportmachines.

The highest price option HF will have Therm-ic integrated heaters with Bluetooth access, which is usually a $300 accessory. I think on a performance scale, they are jsut looking for the boot to skl well, on par with other 110 flex boots in the market.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It’s good to see a company throwing R/D at boots. Who knows where it might trickle-up to. Years ago they laughed at short shaped skis, snowboards, and fat heads on golf club drivers.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I think the HF boots are very cool from and engineering/usage standpoint - I like the closure system. As someone skiing in a Lange RX100, that I've taken one of the pins out of to soften, I'm a bit more open to things like new rear entries, or even things like Apex/Envy. I've demo'ed Apex and it was actually OK... I'd be curious to demo some rear-entries.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nope. New lengths and new scaled dimensions.

The Atomic (and others?) approach. I like it. Also, I'm SO stoked that the 185 will gain that ever-essential 1 cm in length. :roflmao:

Seriously, I'd love a little more shape in my 185 E100s -- or at least I think I would.

Note: We might need a separate thread to accommodate the rear entry boot rabbit hole.

Sponsor

Staff online