• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review Nordica Enforcer 100 vs Enforcer 94

Nordica Enforcer 100 or Enforcer 94

• Enforcer 100

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enforcer 94

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

johncshaffer

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hello!
I recently demoed the Nordica 94’s 179 cm 2022 when I went to Lake Tahoe several weeks ago and I loved them. I’m wanting to buy them, but I'm stuck now between the Nordica Enforcer 100's 179cm 2022. The only reason why I'd prefer the 100's is because of the graphic haha. The graphic of the 100 really speaks to me, but I'm curious if a 6mm difference will be significantly noticeable?

By the way, I'm 5'11, 200lbs, intermediate-advanced skier, who's pretty aggressive, very strong, and will be skiing mostly on the East coast with occasional trips to the West coast. I want great versatility to be able to ski down anything (including steeps in which I may need to go a bit slower). So I'm torn between the two skis (and I will end up buying one of them), and I'd prefer the 100's for their graphic, but I'm wondering if this would be a huge mistake to go for. Also, I'm really wanting to grow into the skis, since I plan on having them for many, many years, and they'd be my one-ski quiver.

What is your best advice?
Thank you so much!

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I ski the 100 as a daily driver. 179 is pretty short for your height and weight. Particularly with the early rise tip. I am at least 20-25 lbs. Lbs. lighter than you and ski the 186.

I have not skied the 94, but my guess is it may not be all that great on East Coast either. The 100 blows through chop and has plenty of float in POW, although maybe not at your size with a 179.

Which ever you buy , have a 3 degree side edge put on the ski, it greatly enhances edge hold on hard snow with absolutely no detriment in soft snow.

I was just in Deer Valley for a week and they have not had new snow in over a month. And it was colder than balls!!! 5 degrees Wednesday & Thursday, sunny and clear every day. needless to say....hard, hard snow, but pretty grippy overall, with some extremely slick spots! I had my Enforcer 100's and my FIS 188 Atomic 30M GS skis. Enforcers never saw the snow. But I have to say my son and I were the only folks on the hill with GS Race skis. Everyone else was sliding around on fatter boards. Lotsa rotary feet, upper body twisting & tail sliding going on! :eek: So maybe it was just as much the pilot as the tools!

I am not sure either ski is right for the East Coast with the Occasional trip to West. Maybe you would be better served going narrower and demoing/renting a fatter ski when you head West!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
10 lbs. less than me or the OP! :ogbiggrin:
Now that I think of it, I haven't skied the 179 since I was over 200, so I will stand by that length. Also since the OP demoed the ski in the 179 and liked it, I will defer to what he liked, not what you do.

@johncshaffer Between the 94 and 100, the 94 will be a better ski east and still be good west unless you get a ton of snow and then the 100 won't be enough etiher. You struck oil, stop drilling.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Now that I think of it, I haven't skied the 179 since I was over 200, so I will stand by that length. Also since the OP demoed the ski in the 179 and liked it, I will defer to what he liked, not what you do.

@johncshaffer Between the 94 and 100, the 94 will be a better ski east and still be good west unless you get a ton of snow and then the 100 won't be enough etiher. You struck oil, stop drilling.
It's got nothing to do with "WHAT I DO" Was just giving the OP some context. Apparently that rubbed you the wrong way! :rolleyes:

AlexisLD

Getting off the lift
Skier
Hello!
I recently demoed the Nordica 94’s 179 cm 2022 when I went to Lake Tahoe several weeks ago and I loved them. I’m wanting to buy them, but I'm stuck now between the Nordica Enforcer 100's 179cm 2022. The only reason why I'd prefer the 100's is because of the graphic haha. The graphic of the 100 really speaks to me, but I'm curious if a 6mm difference will be significantly noticeable?

Beside the width, these two skis are virtually identical in all aspects, even weight!

By the way, I'm 5'11, 200lbs, intermediate-advanced skier, who's pretty aggressive, very strong, and will be skiing mostly on the East coast with occasional trips to the West coast. I want great versatility to be able to ski down anything (including steeps in which I may need to go a bit slower). So I'm torn between the two skis (and I will end up buying one of them), and I'd prefer the 100's for their graphic, but I'm wondering if this would be a huge mistake to go for. Also, I'm really wanting to grow into the skis, since I plan on having them for many, many years, and they'd be my one-ski quiver.

What is your best advice?

I am 5'11, 205 lbs, advanced/expert skier. I ski mostly the east coast and the Enforcer 100 in 179 is my go to ski for powder days, soft groomer days, skinning then resort days, etc. It is a very general purpose ski and I also bring it on ski trips (west coast, europe) along with a wider pair of skis. I usually end up skiing the E100 most of the time. It is very versatile. I find this length a bit short for bottomless powder (i.e., I find that it "folds" a bit in soft snow if I put too much weight on it), but I like to have the shorter length when skiing tight trees back home. I also prefer short turns at moderate speed. I have a [few] pair of piste/carver skis that I use for days when I am only skiing the resort.

I think the 94 makes more sense as a one-quiver ski for the east coast, but it always depends on what you are going after. You could always rent for trips out west when there are big dumps.

If you can find them, you could also look for the E94 2020-21. It has a bit of red, which makes its cosmetic closer to the E100 21-22.

TS
J

johncshaffer

Skier
Beside the width, these two skis are virtually identical in all aspects, even weight!

I am 5'11, 205 lbs, advanced/expert skier. I ski mostly the east coast and the Enforcer 100 in 179 is my go to ski for powder days, soft groomer days, skinning then resort days, etc. It is a very general purpose ski and I also bring it on ski trips (west coast, europe) along with a wider pair of skis. I usually end up skiing the E100 most of the time. It is very versatile. I find this length a bit short for bottomless powder (i.e., I find that it "folds" a bit in soft snow if I put too much weight on it), but I like to have the shorter length when skiing tight trees back home. I also prefer short turns at moderate speed. I have a [few] pair of piste/carver skis that I use for days when I am only skiing the resort.

I think the 94 makes more sense as a one-quiver ski for the east coast, but it always depends on what you are going after. You could always rent for trips out west when there are big dumps.

If you can find them, you could also look for the E94 2020-21. It has a bit of red, which makes its cosmetic closer to the E100 21-22.
Do you think I would have a very difficult time with the 100's and feel as if it's "too much ski"? I do plan on skiing on the east coast frequently, but I will make trips elsewhere, and I do plan to have the skis I buy for over 7 years at least. Also, I plan on growing into the skis and developing my overall skills through them.

I understand how dumb it sounds being extremely mesmerized by the graphic, but the E100 looks amazing. I'll just ask one more time, but do you think if I choose the 100's over the 94's, I would have made a grave mistake, and end up regretting the decision and having no fun with them?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you think I would have a very difficult time with the 100's and feel as if it's "too much ski"? I do plan on skiing on the east coast frequently, but I will make trips elsewhere, and I do plan to have the skis I buy for over 7 years at least. Also, I plan on growing into the skis and developing my overall skills through them.

I understand how dumb it sounds being extremely mesmerized by the graphic, but the E100 looks amazing. I'll just ask one more time, but do you think if I choose the 100's over the 94's, I would have made a grave mistake, and end up regretting the decision and having no fun with them?
It sounds like you are looking for reasons to buy the 100. Buy the 100!

TS
J

johncshaffer

Skier

Also, after looking at the comparison of both the skis on the website you listed, I saw that both of them weigh the exact same?! On Nordica's website, the E100's are listed to be around 200 grams more. I'm confused.

TS
J

johncshaffer

Skier
It sounds like you are looking for reasons to buy the 100. Buy the 100!
I know!! hahahah. That is exactly what I'm doing, but I don't want to regret that decision the second I try those skis for the first time.

AlexisLD

Getting off the lift
Skier

A few years ago I would have say that the 100 is not too much ski at all and I would have pick that as my one ski quiver. I am always looking for soft snow thought and I typically stop skiing east coast groomers by 10 AM because they become too icy for my taste! However, I am now coming back from a knee surgery. Skiing wide skis on hard snow is harder on the knees and I can now feel it. I used to not care about that at all...

I think they are both great skis (I only skied the 100). I would say take a good look at where and what you ski to make your decision. A waist of 100 mm is very wide for skiing groomers. It will be a bit slower edge to edge than the 94. On the other end, the 94 won't float as much, but you will be able to ski 6-9" of new snow on top of groomer without problem. If you venture off-piste a bunch, then 100 mm would be more useful.

The only difference is the 6 mm width. This is not a huge difference and not a big mistake. Blister says that:
Compared to the new Enforcer 100, the Enforcer 94 feels extremely similar, with the 94’s tail finishing a tiny bit stronger. Overall though, the Enforcer 94 is a very strong ski with a fairly accessible shovel.

AlexisLD

Getting off the lift
Skier
Also, after looking at the comparison of both the skis on the website you listed, I saw that both of them weigh the exact same?! On Nordica's website, the E100's are listed to be around 200 grams more. I'm confused.

This always stress me out when someone point something like that.

Nordica seems to list the E100 at 2120g (https://www.nordica.com/canada/en/men/skis/all-mountain/enforcer/enforcer-100).

Evo measured the E100 179 at 2244g (https://www.evo.com/en-ca/guides/alpine-and-backcountry-ski-weights). This a bit far from what we measured (2178g). A difference of 50 g is common between skis. However, if you look here, you can see that the 179 seems to have the same laminate as the 172 (from the stiffness graphs). Nordica seems to use a thicker/stiffer laminate only for the 186, which would explain why the 179 is so "light" compared to the 172 and 186.

Overall the 94 construction seems to be a tiny bit denser to reach the same overall weight.

TS
J

johncshaffer

Skier
This always stress me out when someone point something like that.

Nordica seems to list the E100 at 2120g (https://www.nordica.com/canada/en/men/skis/all-mountain/enforcer/enforcer-100).

Evo measured the E100 179 at 2244g (https://www.evo.com/en-ca/guides/alpine-and-backcountry-ski-weights). This a bit far from what we measured (2178g). A difference of 50 g is common between skis. However, if you look here, you can see that the 179 seems to have the same laminate as the 172 (from the stiffness graphs). Nordica seems to use a thicker/stiffer laminate only for the 186, which would explain why the 179 is so "light" compared to the 172 and 186.

Overall the 94 construction seems to be a tiny bit denser to reach the same overall weight.
Thank you for the clarification!

Bryan L

Skier
Older thread, I know. It appears the 94 has more of a spatula shape than the 100, which is counter-intuitive. I just bought some 94s, so curious.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221207-134601_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221207-134601_Chrome.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 86

GSG43

Skier
I am about 10lb less and really like the 179.
I'm 190 lbs (5'11") and switched from the 186 to 179 Enforcer 100s and am very happy with the shorter ski. Not that anyone asked but I just demo'd the Head Kore 99 and the Enforcers are incredible from a performance standpoint but man can they tucker you out. The Head Kore is is lighter, more nimble and overall easier to ski. But the Nordica's are just better performance if you are moving fast or carving or plowing through crud.

Skisolo

Putting on skis
Skier
I'd trade my 100 in for a 94 if I could with the type of skiing I'm doing these days. I also hate the clown feet look of the 20/21 E100 (It can't be unseen).
Not sure a few mm less width would make much difference though.

OnEdge

Putting on skis
Skier
For posterity....

I ski the Enforcer 94 in the 191 size as a intercontinental mountain west daily driver (at least 60 days on mine by now).

I think it is a nice soft snow narrow(er) all mountain ski. I think it floats well for the width, and the nose design does a great job of dealing with variable snow and chop. I generally find it maneuverable in moguls and tight spots provided things are soft, and they are fun to rip carves on soft groomers. I've actually skied a number of powder days on them this year when I didn't read the snow report and took these instead of my 110 waist width skis (also Enforcers btw), and had a great time on them - more of skis in (vs. on) the snow powder experience which I've really enjoyed.

I struggle with them when things firm up, however. I find the tail very difficult to release in firmer bumps/trees/tight spots, and I don't find the edge hold on firmer groomed steeps to be as good as some other all mountain skis (there is something about nose design that doesn't bite on turn initiation for me when its steeper and firmer).

Net/net I don't think I would buy these again as a do everything ski, but I do think they could make a fun east coast new snow ski.

Sponsor

Staff online