• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Nordica Enforcer 104 Free

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
Just checking back in after finally getting on my new Nordica Enforcer 104 Free skis at Crystal Mountain during the holidays. You may recall the thread which led up to that purchase: https://www.skitalk.com/threads/softer-snow-forgiving-ski.25278/

I'll cut right to the chase: These skis are a revelation for me!

They day was a very light snow day after several days in a row of good snowfall. It has been unusually cold up there and the snow was light, dry and fluffy. My day had most of the groomers rolled nicely but they almost all had at least 2" of fresh snow on them and many had 3-5", with more accumulations during the day. So I was in 3D snow ALL DAY for the first day on the new skis.

These conditions produced dread in me the last few years, but they honestly were so easy with these Enforcer 104s. Like night and day vs my 88s. The tails are so easy to release and slash and dump speed, and the tip rocker made planing up on the fresh stuff easy as pie. I think the things I noticed most is that the tails were not "catchy" at all in the deeper stuff (6" or so) and that the skis just didn't seem to care as the runs got skied off later in the day. I could go fast and not worry about being on hard snow then running into soft snow, and they just barreled on through. Going from soft snow to hard snow was easy, too. The skis are also brilliant on harder stuff and I hit some personal speed records (for me, at least) on them toward the end of the day as my confidence grew. In fact, I was running 43mph and making linked turns on a mild black diamond run that had mixed soft and hard snow .... a condition/run I would probably not have even skied if my 88s were strapped to my feet. For someone who rarely breaks 30mph in preferred conditions, I was quite happy.

The level of control and forgiveness these skis possess plus their stability at speed, ability to blast through crud and chop and the exceptionally smooth ride in all types of snow all make me quite sure that I made the right choice for myself. The front and rear rocker profile is a revelation for my soft snow skiing and they rip groomers just as well as my groomer skis. What is not to love?

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
Glad to hear you like the new skis!! Find they are even more fun off piste. Enforcer 104s are always an easy recommendation.
Having been on them, I can see why the Enforcer 104 Free wins awards year after year and is so widely recommended. I would assume the Enforcer 110 Free would be just as easy and I am no certain I would have been happy with a pair of those, too. But the 104s really are precisely what I was looking for as a forgiving snow-day ski and daily driver for snowier Western resorts. I doubt I could find a more perfect ski.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I concur. This is my second season on them and, for me, they are the perfect ski for just about any conditions in the West...other than a long dry spell. I find them so much fun and also very stable and still not too much ski to push around. The only time I don't prefer them is if things really get skied off and you are confined to harder groomers and then I'd rather be on my Enforcer 94s. Glad you like them.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
I have been contemplating the 104 free. Do you have them mounted on the line and what length are you skiing? I am 6’ 195 lbs.

hespeler

Putting on skis
Skier
Can the 104 and 110 exist in the same quiver or is that too much overlap?

104 for when you would have used the OG Enforcer 100 and the 110 for deep snow.

For a 110 ski, the Enforcer 110 carves pretty well.

Wade

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Why not just go for the 104 and the 115s? I have the 104s in 186cm and the 115s (formerly Pros) in 191cm and it's a great 2 ski travel quiver when the snow is soft and there's a possibility of a big powder day.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
I have been contemplating the 104 free. Do you have them mounted on the line and what length are you skiing? I am 6’ 195 lbs.
I’m a bit heavier than you but about the same height. I’m on the 179 cm and felt absolutely no need to go longer. Plenty of stability and extremely maneuverable, which was exactly what I was looking for.

They are mounted on the recommended line.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
I concur. This is my second season on them and, for me, they are the perfect ski for just about any conditions in the West...other than a long dry spell. I find them so much fun and also very stable and still not too much ski to push around. The only time I don't prefer them is if things really get skied off and you are confined to harder groomers and then I'd rather be on my Enforcer 94s. Glad you like them.
As a result of my experience with the 104s, I will be looking very closely at the Enforcer 94 and 88 to replace my current hard-snow skis.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
104 and 110 is definetly too much overlap, the 104 punches above its weight in pow imho

I used to own both 104 and 110, now I only own 110. partially because I damaged it and resale would have been bad ;) but the 110 is a good ski. but your entire quivers ia factor.

115 is burlier than the 104 and 110, at least the one I tried a few years ago?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
115 is stiffer with a longer turning radius and less tail rocker so it’s less “loose”. 110 is softer but a touch heavier than the 104(and compared to versions before 2020). Go 104/115 for a 2 ski quiver.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
104 and 110 is definetly too much overlap, the 104 punches above its weight in pow imho

I used to own both 104 and 110, now I only own 110. partially because I damaged it and resale would have been bad ;) but the 110 is a good ski. but your entire quivers ia factor.

115 is burlier than the 104 and 110, at least the one I tried a few years ago?
I am already considering the Enforcer 110 Free to add to the quiver. I’d ski it at 185 cm and use it for pow days, sticking with the 104 at 179 cm as the daily driver and the 88/94 for low tide days.

Last edited:

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Having been on them, I can see why the Enforcer 104 Free wins awards year after year and is so widely recommended. I would assume the Enforcer 110 Free would be just as easy and I am no certain I would have been happy with a pair of those, too. But the 104s really are precisely what I was looking for as a forgiving snow-day ski and daily driver for snowier Western resorts. I doubt I could find a more perfect ski.
The 100 has been the year after year award winner. 2021-22 is only the 104's 3rd season if I am not mistaken. and I would own a pair of 104's if I didn't have the 100 & the 110. Just skied the 110 for the first time,, loved it! Also just skied the new 100 for the 1st time, I thought it felt a bit beefier than the older version.

Both skis are very similar to the 100 though, very surprising of the 110. And I haven't even put a 3 degree on them yet!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
haveing owned both the 110 and 104, the 110 doesnt float that much better, but of course 6mm adds up over the length. but they are darn similar.

110 185 is my supertighttreeski though.

TS
T

The Retired Skier

Putting on skis
Skier
haveing owned both the 110 and 104, the 110 doesnt float that much better, but of course 6mm adds up over the length. but they are darn similar.

110 185 is my supertighttreeski though.
That is what has me considering the 110 at 185 cm. I already know the 104 is a great choice for me, so a slightly longer, slightly wider version of it should be an equally great choice for snow days that feels comfortable from day one.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
That is what has me considering the 110 at 185 cm. I already know the 104 is a great choice for me, so a slightly longer, slightly wider version of it should be an equally great choice for snow days that feels comfortable from day one.
Particularly if we get some heavier cascade conditions

VictorP

Booting up
Skier

My quiver:
- Stockli AX (78) 168cm - icy conditions... or week days with very few people on the mountain so I can go 50-60mph
- Enforcer 88 172cm - super versatile when there is no new snow; do everything on the mountain with it
- Stockli Stormrider 95 175cm (to be sold given I prefer either the E88 or E104...)
- Enforcer 104 172cm - 1-6" of fresh pow; love the shape and can't go back to flat tails anymore
- Enforcer 110 177cm - 6-12" of fresh pow; probably my favorite ski ever. Tree runs on fresh powder = smile on my face
- Black Crows Anima 182cm - 12"+ of fresh. They feel like a wider Enforcer to me :D

Sponsor