• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica Enforcer 88s vs. 94s

Jelder

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi,
Just going to put a placeholder here. As people are able to get out on the new 94s, I’ll be curious to hear how they compare to the 88s.
I’m looking for a mostly frontside ski (80% on-trail) that will spend the majority of its time in the Midwest going fast on corduroy, roughed-up groomers, and in a few inches of fresh snow. I prioritize stability at speed in all conditions, but would also like a bit of playfulness to slarve when needed, and pop off smaller jumps.
Does this ski even exist? ;)
Thanks Pugski!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Want to climb on the back of this thread. This is my 3 season on 185 Enforcer 100's and really like em (a lot). My 2nd ski, that is just about dead, are the Nordica Hell Divers from the Hot Rod series of 10 years ago or so, loved them too. Want a all mountain ski that leans to the front side, I ski all over a hill other than the park. Pretty even 50/50 loose snow and groomers in the Inland PNW.
Still suck at a fairly decent level. 68 6' 215 lbs. Ski a short to medium radius round turn, not fast but will ski pretty much anything. Bought a pair of Volkl RTM 84's to fit the bill last year sold them at the ski swap this year, no personality. Might add a cheater slalom ski next season, but that is a big maybe. Will probably only be a 2 ski quiver, and no I'm not going to demo because I like most all skis.

Which would I want?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Want to climb on the back of this thread. This is my 3 season on 185 Enforcer 100's and really like em (a lot). My 2nd ski, that is just about dead, are the Nordica Hell Divers from the Hot Rod series of 10 years ago or so, loved them too. Want a all mountain ski that leans to the front side, I ski all over a hill other than the park. Pretty even 50/50 loose snow and groomers in the Inland PNW.
Still suck at a fairly decent level. 68 6' 215 lbs. Ski a short to medium radius round turn, not fast but will ski pretty much anything. Bought a pair of Volkl RTM 84's to fit the bill last year sold them at the ski swap this year, no personality. Might add a cheater slalom ski next season, but that is a big maybe. Will probably only be a 2 ski quiver, and no I'm not going to demo because I like most all skis.

Which would I want?

Fischer RC One GT86?

I'd say Enforcer 88, but that's maybe not quite enough "leans to the front side".

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
Does anyone have weights for the respective lengths? Any idea the weight for: 179 and 186 lengths?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Does anyone have weights for the respective lengths? Any idea the weight for: 179 and 186 lengths?

2100 grams for the 88 in 179cm, 2160 grams in the 186cm. Blistergear just weighed the 94 in 186cm and it’s up to 2270 gram area! Was around 2150 grams for the 185cm Enforcer 93. Heavier than an Enforcer 104 Free now.

New Enforcer 100 up in weight by about 150 grams and has a stiffer tail now(close to 88s tail now but still a hair softer). Enforcer 94 flex should still be a hair softer than the 88 but I wouldn’t doubt it’s super close now.

Now I’m even more excited to try the 94 and 100. Should be much more damp than before.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
SO, I was able to get my hands on a pair of Nordica Enforcer 94 in the 186cm and they measured: 2280 grams and 2306 grams for the pair...I do take issue with the marketing material which states, “In addition to reducing weight, this modern design provides outstanding edge hold that inspires confidence and helps lay down powerful and precise turns.” https://www.nordica.com/men/skis/early-intro/enforcer-94

Can someone tell their marketing department to check the facts first...may want to state...a significant increase in weight!!!

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
Hmm, I resemble this thread. 6'0" 185, 49 yo

• Main home (SE USA - NC) ski - Volkl RTM 81 in 171 - short, yes. Agree on not much personality but they get the job done chasing Jr racers up and down the hill. Probably replace this one with a cheater race ski.
  • 3rd year on Enforcer 100's in 185. Didn't even break them out at Alta because . . .
  • Bought the new 88s this year, dropped down to 179. Just right. I talked about that here: https://www.pugski.com/ams/2021-nordica-enforcer-100.51/?page=2#ams-comment-217
  • Those comments might help your decision?
  • Next up for me is very likely the Enforcer 104 Free, try to find one end of season (yeah right! LOL) to replace the 100.

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
You are comparing the 2021 Enforcer 94 to the 2020 Enforcer 93?

Yes...unless the weights vary between the 2018, 2019 & 2020 Enforcer 93? I don’t have the numbers for each of those years and rely on the published weights or marketing material. Was under the assumption that the Enforcer 93 was in the 2,150g range @ 185 reading through all the reviews/posts.

The stated weights of 2280g and 2306 grams are the individual ski weight of the pair...2021 Nordica Enforcer 94 @ 186.

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Pulled the trigger on some Enforcer 88's tonight. Tomorrow will find out what I think of them. Not too worried there have not been very many skis I didn't like; if they ski anything like my 100's will be VERY HAPPY.

Bought the 179's and they are a bunch lighter than the 185 Enforcer 100's of 2 years ago.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled

A Pair of Enforcer 88s at 172cm length (in plastic) weighs 8.6 pounds.

rocdoc

Getting on the lift
Skier
If I may weigh in (how could I resist) as a new owner of 88s: I obsessed a bit over the weight too and found it unwarranted. I, too, was baffled by people saying they were lighter than comparable skis (like the Kendo or Brahma) when clearly they pulled more on a scale. The key is that when you ski them, you don’t have them on a scale. The weight you feel skiing them is a different matter, very dependent on design. I can confirm that my 88s feel downright nimble, especially in bumps and trees, and they never struck me as heavy skis, even though the scale says so. Swing weight, rebound, and other factors are more important than scale number, I am finding.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier

I can get you the weight of 2020 179 88's and 2018 185 100's, but they will both include Marker Jester 13's; and won't get them till this evening. Find the weight of Jesters and that will give you one answer.

I agree that the weight is not that big of a deal, but we all hear different drummers.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
As I mentioned above, it’s 2100 grams for the Enforcer 88 in 179cm, 2160 grams in the 186cm. The Enforcer 93 in 185cm is around the 2150g range(2300g range now for 186cm 94) and like the Enforcer 100 hasn’t changed over the years with the 185cm 100 around the 2200g range and the 2021 186cm version around the 2225g range.

So both the 94 and 100 up in weight but SKI LIGHTER. Have heard from 3 Enforcer 93 and 100 owners who love the new 2021 versions and when I mentioned it’s heavier now they just smiled and said “I know”. More damp, more stable yet feel more playful.

I’m now more disappointed when I see the weight of a new ski being “too light” as I know it more likely won’t feel as solid or stable at speed as I like. Weight is your friend in resort skiing.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
First day on the 88's great test day 6"- 8" in the past couple of days over some frozen base (PNW frozen). 100's win in the crud, they just crush that stuff, but the 88's did okay. 88's were MUCH quicker edge to edge, easy to initiate, and did a really decent job carving short to medium turns and in what bumps we had (think snow piles). The 88's do what I was hoping, happy boy here. :thumb: :thumb:

Sponsor