• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica Enforcer 88s vs. 94s

USCskibum

Booting up
Skier
As I mentioned above, it’s 2100 grams for the Enforcer 88 in 179cm, 2160 grams in the 186cm. The Enforcer 93 in 185cm is around the 2150g range(2300g range now for 186cm 94) and like the Enforcer 100 hasn’t changed over the years with the 185cm 100 around the 2200g range and the 2021 186cm version around the 2225g range.

So both the 94 and 100 up in weight but SKI LIGHTER. Have heard from 3 Enforcer 93 and 100 owners who love the new 2021 versions and when I mentioned it’s heavier now they just smiled and said “I know”. More damp, more stable yet feel more playful.

I’m now more disappointed when I see the weight of a new ski being “too light” as I know it more likely won’t feel as solid or stable at speed as I like. Weight is your friend in resort skiing.

Just spent a couple days on the Enforcer 94 in Park City... :)

More stable, more damp and exactly what I was looking for with regards to the DPS Foundation Cassiar 94...felt just as playful and forgiving and the added weight was not noticed...

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Just spent a couple days on the Enforcer 94 in Park City... :)

More stable, more damp and exactly what I was looking for with regards to the DPS Foundation Cassiar 94...felt just as playful and forgiving and the added weight was not noticed...

That’s great to hear! An Enforcer 94 might end up in my quiver by next season.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
First day on the 88's great test day 6"- 8" in the past couple of days over some frozen base (PNW frozen). 100's win in the crud, they just crush that stuff, but the 88's did okay. 88's were MUCH quicker edge to edge, easy to initiate, and did a really decent job carving short to medium turns and in what bumps we had (think snow piles). The 88's do what I was hoping, happy boy here. :thumb: :thumb:

My first "real and long" day on the 88s. Wow. I second everything BB says above. Hardpack day at Sun Valley. They carve groomers, and are just an absolute joy in the (currently quite firm) bumps.

Keepers!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
2 days on the enforcer 88 now, day1, corn in afternoon, starting to freeze, lots of bumps but not frozen bumps as temps were getting lower pretty slow. the next day it was sunny in afternoon, but just above freezing, when sun went temps dropped fast, and it froze to large bumps and just ice ice ice everywhere later.

I felt the 88 really loved the first day where it could get some grip and not just pure ice, surprisingly good on ice, but I feel it skies kinda short when you cannot get all the ski to engage. Since you are fairly far forward on the ski, I learned that you cannot be to forward on them and drive the shovels too hard, they will give out, at say 50-60mph when going down into compressions over hills the skis beginn to flex on themself, useing more of the rear of the skis help, but the balance was hardish to find when balancing on ice. Too much forward action the shovel would give, to much rear .. same , so some 1 footed action from that as well.

The stock tune feels very nice, super sharp and good even on ice. When skiiing switch or doing stuff they for sure were pretty catchy, I had some weird 1 footed action, due to sloppy style from my side. It feels fairly energetic to jump with, and the more forward stance helps in the air as compared to other chargy skis. Feels good on landings, and its just so much fun to charge of the flat to steeps, stomping the landing and going carving again, or just getting some air while carving.

I jumped the bumps, landing before next, and air again, and just had plain fun with the bumps! I was that idiot guy just charging them and having fun going weeeeeee, while everyone else were going 1mph crossing the hills trying not to get cought, tip shape of course means your going OVER the bumps, not through. My local hill is supposedly a black run, but honestly it mostly red, just with a few steeps, of course where the bumps tend to form.

All in all, such a fun ski!!! I could wish it was a bit longer, I'm 6'2 and have the 186, I see some people reccomend sizing down on theese, but it swings supergood and moguls were actually superfun in this thing! Good all rounder. Improvements on the 88 would be the tails going up a bit more, and maybe a tad longer ski like 188-189.

I bought the 93, 193 as well as there was a sale on 88/93, that thing is a beast in length, and also own the 110, and have run the 104 for 8 hours. Im excited for the 94, I can get the lengts down a bit, tips are lighter for fun stuff.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I felt the 88 really loved the first day where it could get some grip and not just pure ice, surprisingly good on ice, but I feel it skies kinda short when you cannot get all the ski to engage. Since you are fairly far forward on the ski, I learned that you cannot be to forward on them and drive the shovels too hard, they will give out, at say 50-60mph when going down into compressions over hills the skis beginn to flex on themself, useing more of the rear of the skis help, but the balance was hardish to find when balancing on ice. Too much forward action the shovel would give, to much rear .. same , so some 1 footed action from that as well.

All true, and mostly all solved for me by mounting at minus 1 cm (I'm not too worried about this ski's performance above 50).

Also had the same effect on my Enforcer 100s.

Last edited:

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Can't speak to the speed limit of the 88's, being old and slow, but did get into some scraped off slicker stuff on days 2 & 3. If driving the tips the tails felt like they would let loose on you a bit and you got that lovely scraping sound, but if I gave up on the edge a bit balance was not an issue, just washed out the turn a little.
If my weight was anywhere back at the end of a turn felt like the tail would hang up a little in the end of the turn (Bad Bob). A fair trade off for the way the ski held in the turn, they will teach me.
Now I need to take out the 100's on the same day as the 88's and see.

locknload

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My first "real and long" day on the 88s. Wow. I second everything BB says above. Hardpack day at Sun Valley. They carve groomers, and are just an absolute joy in the (currently quite firm) bumps.

Keepers!
I'm seriously eying the 88's for exactly the conditions you suggest...firm days in the West. I want to rip groomers, pounds bumps and hunt around for any pockets of fresh...even if hard to find. The Enforcer 104 Free's are now my every day soft snow ski in CA/UT/CO and have a even wider sticks for big dump days. Sounds like no regrets for low-snow days on the 88s?

DB Cooper

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm seriously eying the 88's for exactly the conditions you suggest...firm days in the West. I want to rip groomers, pounds bumps and hunt around for any pockets of fresh...even if hard to find. The Enforcer 104 Free's are now my every day soft snow ski in CA/UT/CO and have a even wider sticks for big dump days. Sounds like no regrets for low-snow days on the 88s?
The 88s have becoming my daily driver this year (UT) and have zero regrets. They rip on groomers! Great in the bumps! Handle moderate freshies with ease! I love ‘em!

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Now have 30 days+/- on the 88's. It has evolved into the daily driver. It will handle the bumps and tight areas way better than the 100's and like the Enforcer 100 is a very good do everything ski. It is not an ice skate, but has very decent and predictable holding power. For days that start firm and soften up as the day goes by it works very very well (like today :cool: ).
You could do much worse in a ski.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I wish Nordica would bring back their original Enforcer design with some minor tweaks. When the Enforcer was introduced it had much more sidecut than it does now. The original 98mm ski had 135-98-125 dimensions (37/27 tip/tail cut). The current crop of Enforcers have backed off to around a 33/21 tip/tail cut. I loved the original and find the modern iterations to be lack luster for the kind of skiing I like to do.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
I wish Nordica would bring back their original Enforcer design with some minor tweaks. When the Enforcer was introduced it had much more sidecut than it does now.
The Nordica Hot Rod series is the one I hold them all up against. 90 under foot and lots of sidecut. Neither of these skis were very forgiving and that is part of the current Enforcers charm. But it will be a very sad day when the Hell Divers leave the wall for the last time.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
The Nordica Hot Rod series is the one I hold them all up against. 90 under foot and lots of sidecut. Neither of these skis were very forgiving and that is part of the current Enforcers charm. But it will be a very sad day when the Hell Divers leave the wall for the last time.

I liked the Hot Rods too...

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I wish Nordica would bring back their original Enforcer design with some minor tweaks. When the Enforcer was introduced it had much more sidecut than it does now. The original 98mm ski had 135-98-125 dimensions (37/27 tip/tail cut). The current crop of Enforcers have backed off to around a 33/21 tip/tail cut. I loved the original and find the modern iterations to be lack luster for the kind of skiing I like to do.

Still miss the old lightning bolt versions (but the Motive 95 is good proxy). Just enough tip rise to smooth things out.

I've still got a pair of the metal-free Hell and Back versions. Possibly the best, most fun in-bounds skinning ski in the world. Currently on loan to a young friend, though.

For me at least, despite appearances, the new Enforcers DO pull into a carved turn very well. I think that despite the relative lack of sidecut, the softer flex makes up for that. @Philpug has an older thread somewhere on not getting too hung up on the tip/waist/tail delta thing.

My near-200 pound winter weight probably doesn't hurt, either. :geek:

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Still miss the old lightning bolt versions (but the Motive 95 is good proxy). Just enough tip rise to smooth things out.

I've still got a pair of the metal-free Hell and Back versions. Possibly the best, most fun in-bounds skinning ski in the world. Currently on loan to a young friend, though.

For me at least, despite appearances, the new Enforcers DO pull into a carved turn very well. I think that despite the relative lack of sidecut, the softer flex makes up for that. @Philpug has an older thread somewhere on not getting too hung up on the tip/waist/tail delta thing.

My near-200 pound winter weight probably doesn't hurt, either. :geek:

The only substitute for the ski's dimensions when it comes to turn radius is the rocker profile. Flex can come into play, but only in 3D skiing conditions where the snow is soft enough to allow the ski to flex beyond what its sidecut would normally allow. In a 2D situation (aka groomed snow) it doesn't matter how soft a ski flex is, it's going to stop bending when the sidecut center hits the snow surface (depending on the ski's tipping angle). You can't continue bending it into/past the hard snow surface.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The only substitute for the ski's dimensions when it comes to turn radius is the rocker profile. Flex can come into play, but only in 3D skiing conditions where the snow is soft enough to allow the ski to flex beyond what its sidecut would normally allow. In a 2D situation (aka groomed snow) it doesn't matter how soft a ski flex is, it's going to stop bending when the sidecut center hits the snow surface (depending on the ski's tipping angle). You can't continue bending it into/past the hard snow surface.

I get the philosophy behind this viewpoint, except that it just isn't always true in the real world.

At moderate speeds, my Enforcer 100s pull into a tighter pure carved turn on soft groomed snow than my Motive 95s, which have much deeper sidecut, but are also a fair bit stiffer.

Not what I expected, either, but absolute fact in the real (ski) world.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I get the philosophy behind this viewpoint, except that it just isn't always true in the real world.

At moderate speeds, my Enforcer 100s pull into a tighter pure carved turn on soft groomed snow than my Motive 95s, which have much deeper sidecut, but are also a fair bit stiffer.

Not what I expected, either, but absolute fact in the real (ski) world.

I'm not familiar with the Motives (they were around while I was on skiing hiatus). The only reason your observation would be true is if the Enforcer has more rocker in its profile.

BTW - Not philosophy, but rather science. ;)

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm not familiar with the Motives (they were around while I was on skiing hiatus). The only reason your observation would be true is if the Enforcer has more rocker in its profile.

BTW - Not philosophy, but rather science. ;)

If you like the PM 95 you'd love the Motive 95, though it does prefer to hustle -- maybe even a little more than I do these days.

BTW - Plenty of science in the concept that sidecut and flex both play roles in the radius of a carved turn on a groomed slope. ;)

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
If you like the PM 95 you'd love the Motive 95, though it does prefer to hustle -- maybe even a little more than I do these days.

BTW - Plenty of science in the concept that sidecut and flex both play roles in the radius of a carved turn on a groomed slope. ;)

I've posted this video multiple times. I have the sneakin' suspicion you haven't seen it.

Sponsor

Staff online