• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica Enforcer 94 length advise

mimomaj

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
looking to get Enforcer 94 21 or 22 model now instead of Head Kore 93. My dilemma is that Enforcer comes as either 179 or 186 cm ski. i am just a bit over 180 tall, advanced skier about 90kg (185-190lb). i am just a bit worried that 179 will be tad short affecting stability when skiing fast while 186 a tad too long when skiing trees or tight runs (which i like) or just playing with quick turns coming down full speed. anyone with similar build who had first hand experience willing to share?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While this focuses more on the Enforcer 100 there is applicable information...

Here is our review of the new 94:

It sounds like you are running into the opposite experience I had with the new 94 and 100. Where the old models I was inbetween size and the new one fits me much better, whereas you are now falling between sizes. I think your concerns are warranted, well that wasn't any help, now was it? But being in the PNW, between these two, I would suggest the 186.

TS
M

mimomaj

Skier
Thnx. hopefully it will snow soon adn i found one spot that has nordica available for demo so hope to get to ski both sizes and decide. i am sure i can swing 186, but at the same time i no longer have an urge to race down the hill more and enjoy more technically challenging terrain thus the dilemma with shorter skis.

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
My go-to the last three seasons has been the Enforcer 93. I ski a 177. I'm 5'6" and 240. I don't ski real fast and I'm even slower in the bumps :roflmao:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
i no longer have an urge to race down the hill more and enjoy more technically challenging terrain
You just answered your own question- 179cm it is! The 179cm Enforcer 94 will be more stable and better through variable terrain than a 180cm(or longer) Head Kore 93 so rest easy. Even the 179cm length will be a nice upgrade.

Darin

Booting up
Skier
I think the enforcer 94 is going to be my next ski and am also wondering about the 179 or the 186. I'm an advanced skier but have only skied a couple of different skis in my life. 190 olin mark Vl (straight ski), 190 dynastar diabolic zero (shape ski), and last year bought a used pair of Line prophet 90's in a 186. I can handle the line skies fine. This all mountain type of ski is new to me. l love the powerful feel of these all mountain skis when I charge/carve them down the hill. I am 5'10" and 190lbs. I am 57 years old so am thinking the 179 might be the way to go. A little shorter might be a better fit for my ageing knees and legs. I am going to try and demo the 94's at copper in a couple of weeks. Any pros out there have any advice.

gwasson

Mid Atlantic banana belt dweller
Skier
I am pretty much the same height and weight as the OP. I have not skied the 179, but demo'd the 186 at Stratton a couple weeks ago. I was worried it would be a little long but all the other lengths were out being demoed.

Boy was I wrong about the sizing. Once I started skiing the 186, I just started laughing. That ski is just crazy amounts of fun, super easy to ski and just a blast. If I were buying the 94, I would definitely get the 186.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the E 94 in a 186. I just don't think it skis all that long. I like to make quick turns in lots of varied terrain and I do seek out (soft) bumps. Other than maybe tight trees...I haven't wished they were shorter. For context..6'3", 190 pounds and fairly athletic guy. I do like to drive skis. That mid 180ish length is perfect for me these days and my POW skis are 188 to 190. YMMV.

Gregaignon

Skier
I'm thinking of getting the E 94 186 - I'm 6'1", 205 lbs. Mostly/entirely ski the East. Advanced but definitely not expert. Finally upgrading/updating after 20 years on a pair of Atomic Beta Ride 9.22 190cm.

I definitely want something that will ski a little quicker in the turns than my outgoing skis. I'm a little concerned that these won't be as quick as I'd like in bumps (I don't do big/steep/icy bumps but do like to play in softer ones) and trees -- but really I mostly ski groomers and hardpack (because, you know, the East). I'm guessing that with the rockers at either end (vs. 20 year old skis that had small tips and totally flat tails) they will ski "shorter" for their 186 length than I'm used to? I.e., they'll feel significantly shorter than my old 190s. Sound right?

Carl

On the north side of the mountain
Skier
I'm thinking of getting the E 94 186 - I'm 6'1", 205 lbs. Mostly/entirely ski the East. Advanced but definitely not expert. Finally upgrading/updating after 20 years on a pair of Atomic Beta Ride 9.22 190cm.

I definitely want something that will ski a little quicker in the turns than my outgoing skis. I'm a little concerned that these won't be as quick as I'd like in bumps (I don't do big/steep/icy bumps but do like to play in softer ones) and trees -- but really I mostly ski groomers and hardpack (because, you know, the East). I'm guessing that with the rockers at either end (vs. 20 year old skis that had small tips and totally flat tails) they will ski "shorter" for their 186 length than I'm used to? I.e., they'll feel significantly shorter than my old 190s. Sound right?
If you value quicker turns the 179 will be better especially in the bumps and trees. The 94 skis true to size. I'm 5'8" 175 lbs and ski the 94 in a 172. I could have gone with the 179 but wanted the shorter length for the trees. I'm very happy with my choice. 65 years old skiing for 50 years.

1Turn2Many

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have 4 or 5 dozen days on the 179 94 enforcer. Not once have I thought that they are too long or too much of a ski. I’ve wished on occasion that I’d got the 186 for the added stability that length provides. I ski mostly off piste in quality crude. They’re good in bumps and can carve nice gs turns. You can break the tails free but they are not a surfy ski. 5’ 10”, 155 lbs and climbing.

Prosper

This is the way.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I definitely want something that will ski a little quicker in the turns than my outgoing skis. I'm a little concerned that these won't be as quick as I'd like in bumps (I don't do big/steep/icy bumps but do like to play in softer ones) and trees -- but really I mostly ski groomers and hardpack (because, you know, the East).
If you ski mostly groomers and hardpack you'd be better served by a narrower ski which will perform much better in those conditions, be better for improvement and easier on your knees. Consider something around 85mm if you want an all mountain ski. If you're looking more for a carving ski, narrower is better.

AtleB

Out on the slopes
Skier
I recently got my hands (feet) on a pair of 186 Enforcer 94's
For me these are intended as an every day/any situation kind of ski, and will replace my 187cm Brahmas (2017) and as such they will see many hours of use.
I'm about 182cm (6') about 82kg (181lbs) and a solid skier.
186 is certainly the right size for me, I find them nimble and playful for what they are.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ve been skiing a long ski on the icy days and shorter ski on the nice days. It makes the nice days so much nicer.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I'm a long ski guy, and darn near exactly your size -- and own the E100 and E88 in 186 -- but given everything you've written above, and the stuff I bolded, I'd probably recommend the 179.

And the E88 over the E94 unless you're wanting a ski that travels well to the Rockies?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ha, I’m of the opposite opinion; E94 over E88 and E100. I guess that’s why demo skis exist. Cheers

I just meant narrower might be better for the OP's hardpack east coast primary use case.

Now I realize that was noted by @Gregaignon not the OP.

Sorry for the confusion!