• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Nordica Enforcer 95 S youth ski - hand flexed only but kind of interesting

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
Because I'm a hair ski obsessed, I've been thinking of adding another set to my 12 year old daughter's quiver. She has not asked for and likely doesn't want more skis, but she and her skis are like my science fair research project, so what the heck. She and my wife, who also doesn't need or want any more skis, are the same BSL so I'm sure someone will eventually stand on them on snow.

Already the girl has 163cm Volkl Confession 100mm mank smooshers, 164cm(?) Soul 7 auto pow turners, 157cm Volkl Revolt 95's (her happy daily driver). Very clearly a stronger all mountain ski is missing from the quiver (and a dedicated carver, and a race ski, and a wide pow ski, and something to start her touring, etc - I'm a bad father :)

With this in mind I examined the Nordica Enforcer 95 S youth ski in 160cm. I have never felt a ski with so much difference between tip softness and underfoot stiffness. You can bend the tips by squashing them about with two fingers. I don't mean like pulling on them and flexing in the normal way. The tips bend in any direction. If you push your thumb hard into them you can feel a little bulge on the other side. They stiffen gradually, and then very quickly, into a rigid powerful feeling center. And then a tail that softens reasonably in relation to the center, but much stronger than the tips. Some Enforcers have softish tips (like the older 110's), but the 95 S tips are ridiculously soft, like they have a layer of pudding in them.

I can't imagine how these things ski. I'd LOVE to demo them, but of course this is impossible. I'm so very tempted to buy a pair (they're cheap at the moment) and make my kid try them. But she's figured out that the less she says about her skis, the less I bother her to think about her skis, and she's grown into a black belt at tween silence. So the mystery of the pudding tips will remain a mystery unless anyone can shed some light?

LuliTheYounger

I'm just here to bother my mom
Skier
I feel like that's pretty on par with what I would expect for a kids 95mm from that range? The Santa Ana line on the women's side does tend to be a little softer in the tips, especially on the wider models. It just makes them a bit friendlier than if they were mega stiff all the way through. 95mm is also relatively soft-snow oriented for most kids – not all of them, but for the small end of that tween range, that's like the equivalent of a 105-110mm ski for an adult.

mulva28

Short Turns Enjoyer
Skier
My 14 year old has them in 150 (we ski tight trees and everything is bumps at Killington) for the past 2 seasons. He likes them. That's all the feedback I ever get from my kids. It's good.... He skis them well, so that means I'm good too. New skis next season though as he's getting too tall all of the sudden. I wouldn't give a kids ski too much thought tbth. As long as they don't hate them.

TS
Hankj

Hankj

Out on the slopes
Skier
My 14 year old has them in 150 (we ski tight trees and everything is bumps at Killington) for the past 2 seasons. He likes them. That's all the feedback I ever get from my kids. It's good.... He skis them well, so that means I'm good too. New skis next season though as he's getting too tall all of the sudden. I wouldn't give a kids ski too much thought tbth. As long as they don't hate them.
Thanks for the feedback! As long as they don't hate them sounds like a reasonable standard

Sponsor

Staff online