• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

North American Ski Travel in the Post-Covid World

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Here in B.C. where many coastal communities have banned plastic grocery bags and other plastic shopping bags, paper bags have increased in use and availability. While it is Asia, not B.C. that is the origin of plastic bags in the Pacific Ocean, the politicians in B.C. have deduced that if they prevent plastic bags from being used and subsequently buried in land fills, it will keep plastic bags from entering the ocean. :huh:

B.C. logging companies and pulp and paper mills don't mind the increased demand for paper bags and Glad and Zip-Lok don't mind the plastic grocery bag ban either because wherever it occurs there is a subsequent up tick in the sale their of Kitchen Catcher plastic bags.:ogbiggrin:

I know. Ontario is banning them too. Just don't know when. LCBO and Wine Rack now have paper bag. My recipe calls for baking them on brown paper. It helps absorb the lard/butter mixture.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Plastic has been banned for a couple of years now 'round here. Stores have trained us to bring reusable bags as they either charge a dime or discount your order by a dime for every paper bag you use/don't use.

Yes ,now I have to buy small plastic garbage bags for scooping kitty litter. TMI, I know.

flying_j

Notorious Truant
Skier
Plastic has been banned for a couple of years now 'round here. Stores have trained us to bring reusable bags as they either charge a dime or discount your order by a dime for every paper bag you use/don't use.

Yes ,now I have to buy small plastic garbage bags for scooping kitty litter. TMI, I know.
I use the plastic produce bags they still have for cat litter. Perfect size and still free!

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It's totally logical. In Banff, one will purchase cookies, which may come in a plastic bag which in turn is used to clean up the poop that your dog produced after eating the cookies before you got to them.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier

We still get turd bags free here. They had us trained for the reusable grocery bags, but then the pandemic messed that all up, so we have to be retrained now.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
It's totally logical. In Banff, one will purchase cookies, which may come in a plastic bag which in turn is used to clean up the poop that your dog produced after eating the cookies before you got to them.
Mine normally ate the bags too given the chance. 'There could be crumbs in there.'

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Shoutout to those who kick it in the bushes when they think no one's looking.. You know who you are LOL!

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
It was a sad day when Brick stopped bottling Red Cap in stubbies.
Canadian's like their stubbies, and Leonard Whistler takes it to the extreme.

And in any other country a website with a name like this would probably have some questionable content .... but not in Canada lol

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter