• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England Nov and Dec Skiing in NE?

East Coast Scott

Getting off the lift
Skier
A lot of skiing at Sugarloaf and Saddleback last week of November and December is no problem. Not all trails are open but you are going to get your fill of skiing if you want.

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
FWIW - PSIA schedules all of the early season events at Mt Snow and Killington. They consider those reliable enough to schedule events that they don’t want to cancel.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Vermont just logged the second warmest November on record yet Killington was open on Nov 17th for skiing. A rather slow start to the Eastern season this year. Good snow making weather for the first day in December.

wiread

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I remember driving past a ski "hill" in NE called Nebraski in the mid 90's on our way to Keystone for spring break. can't vouch for the conditions though.

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
Vermont just logged the second warmest November on record yet Killington was open on Nov 17th for skiing. A rather slow start to the Eastern season this year. Good snow making weather for the first day in December.

I don't count on snow in Vermont until very late in December. I watch for snowmaking results and go there. Early season is groomed fast skiing. It's perfect for practicing turns and technique. I don't ski in the woods or closed trails until it's time. I find that I am able to have fun and practice gratitude. Don't get me wrong, powder always calls.

Over the years I have experienced some great dumps in November and December... even October but those storms did not generally help long term conditions. I didn't go into the woods on most of those occasions.

So I pick the mountains that are dedicated to snowmaking. Killington is usually the best choice. Jiminy Peak can be a good, close choice for me. I don't mind small. Haven't been out yet - soon.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I don't count on snow in Vermont until very late in December. I watch for snowmaking results and go there. Early season is groomed fast skiing. It's perfect for practicing turns and technique. I don't ski in the woods or closed trails until it's time. I find that I am able to have fun and practice gratitude. Don't get me wrong, powder always calls.

Over the years I have experienced some great dumps in November and December... even October but those storms did not generally help long term conditions. I didn't go into the woods on most of those occasions.

So I pick the mountains that are dedicated to snowmaking. Killington is usually the best choice. Jiminy Peak can be a good, close choice for me. I don't mind small. Haven't been out yet - soon.

Whiteface and Gore are doing a decent job on snowmaking and grooming.. My home Mt (Royal) was to open today (manmade) but it's raining again, he's holding off till next weekend. Also to note this summer's drought isn't helping, the snowmaking ponds are lower than other years. Praying for mother nature to kick in- we got some of the snow that dumped on the tug hill plateau but not enough, and the warm temps and rain this past week did not help.

TS
GA49

GA49

Getting on the lift
Skier
Okemo seems to be doing a nice job of keeping runs open compared to some mountains within 30 minutes driving...not like Killington, but pretty good based on webcams, reading reports, etc...will probably try my first day out around the 16th and just "get the lead out"...

Sponsor

Staff online