• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Now I've Seen It All - $5k designer skis

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bearings. There was some intent to look at it for artificial joints, not sure it was reliable enough.

It came to me. Watches. Some of the Garmin have DLC coating. Tactix Delta and Fenix 6 I believe. And also some of their bands.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
DLC is used also on end mills, drill bits, other metal working tools.

Last edited:

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If people will pay thousands of dollars for an NFT of a monkey...then I'm not surprised they'll pay 10K for a pair of skis. Most of this stuff is about buying it because you can.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not just skis cars and furs. Dedicated ski areas also included! :toast

I think there's definitive market potential here. When I used to visit friends in Andorra, I was always amazed at the prevalence of Ferrari, Lambo, AMG, Matras Simca, BMW M's and Porsche autos. What surprised me most as a kid from the U.S. was that the sports cars almost always had worn tires and sometimes were covered in mud, dirt and snow. That was until I started driving in the Pyrenees and realized how these cars were actually driven day to day. That was a total wake up call! All that access sometimes makes people crazy in day to day endeavors. I rode w/ one friend on a trip up and said to myself NEVER AGAIN!!!! I'm generally pretty speed tolerant but was holding on for dear life! :nono:

Let the "Extras" have their toys. I'll stay in my lane! :beercheer:

Last edited:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd be in if they just made a 177! :ogbiggrin:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How about a 13,000pound turn table (approx US$15k)

I am not big on turntables but this is relatively cheap. I've heard of some of them being more than 600 000k. :geek: :geek:
Hi Fi is a different world, a different level of lunacy.

Someone I know paid more than 25 000k euros for a Linn Klimax LP12 and says it is an excellent deal, I do not know what to say really... :rolleyes:

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_0935.jpeg

Yes, I was at Assssssssssssspen. I think they are Mach 1s? Retail $1650 (or $600, take your pick). I did see her skiing, and not completely poorly. And yes, it's impossible to tell what's going on from the LV website. They even have the helpful advice to purchase a size LARGER than your regular size! (That said, the sizing is Euro, not mondo, and I have no idea how they scaled it so it might be good advice. Just ... weird.)

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
What are they under the graphics? Don't look that different to the boots I saw in Decathlon the other day for £50.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
View attachment 184687

Yes, I was at Assssssssssssspen. I think they are Mach 1s? Retail $1650 (or $600, take your pick). I did see her skiing, and not completely poorly. And yes, it's impossible to tell what's going on from the LV website. They even have the helpful advice to purchase a size LARGER than your regular size! (That said, the sizing is Euro, not mondo, and I have no idea how they scaled it so it might be good advice. Just ... weird.)

What are they under the graphics? Don't look that different to the boots I saw in Decathlon the other day for £50.
I believe they are Tecnica.

Funny, the comments asking why spend $5K for a ski ... because they can. the same way some spend $1,500 for a Stockli verses something at a ski swap ... because you can. And the $1,500 that you spent for Stockli is less than the bottle of wine these people had at dinner the night before, oh BTW, they had 3 bottles. As I said in an early post, there is rich and there is wealth, these people are wealthy.

Sponsor

Staff online