• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
It's that time of the year again.

Someone want to pick a date?
Same place?

Bonus: We have beer money left from last year.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
:beercheer:2019 NEW YORK CITY PRE-SEASON MEET & GREET:beercheer:

Date: Wednesday, October 2

Time: 6:00 p.m.

Attending: @KingGrump, @LKLA, @Sandy_NYC, @surfsnowgirl

Other: If you don't see us downstairs, that means we are having fun upstairs.

0e10af723a4fe258a53b518307d676c7.jpg

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Damn, just missing it :(

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry, I've been a serious forum slacker this summer. I'll be there on Wednesday Oct.2...I'll try to drag Peter with me.
I was going to suggest that we have a picnic instead of Old Town, but let's just keep to the established tradition.

Maybe we can have multiple NYC-Metro area get togethers this season. I love a late summer/early fall picnic!

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sorry, I've been a serious forum slacker this summer. I'll be there on Wednesday Oct.2...I'll try to drag Peter with me.
I was going to suggest that we have a picnic instead of Old Town, but let's just keep to the established tradition.

Maybe we can have multiple NYC-Metro area get togethers this season. I love a late summer/early fall picnic!

I just saw that this is scheduled for 6pm. I get out of work at 6pm, so I'll likely be there between 6:30-7pm. You guys can get a head start on the drinks.

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Sounds like a good idea. We can talk about it on Wed.

James

Out There
Instructor
When it opens, the indoor ski center at the Meadowlands.
They’ve been opening for like 10yrs. We can’t really handle another 10.
On Gov’s Island we can rent a large surrey, no fringe. Two people can be assigned to get their excercise and pedal.
We can stop and get a soda at Castle Williams:

2F2AAA2F-D06C-44FF-8327-ECC80CE7E62A.jpeg Rocky Graziano was jailed here for a bit.

The view is nice.
813B458E-D2B1-4467-AE12-85F17B81372B.jpeg

TS
KingGrump

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
When it opens, the indoor ski center at the Meadowlands. Does the home of the New York Jets and the New York Giants count as New York City?

In the immortal word of @mdf, "Not only no. But Hell no."

FYI, once you cross the Hudson River, it Jersey. No if and or buts.
TBH, for most New Yorkers New Jersey is couple steps down from Staten Island.
And this is what we think of Staten Island. Meadowlands is nowhere in the running.

Staten Island.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
That's why Gov's Island. It's not anywhere. Certainly not Staten Island. It's a bit like an abandoned college with a fortified jail. There's a theater. And ferries to two boroughs!

I put my name in a couple weeks ago and was told I would be contacted in October about ski instructor opportunities. We’ll see.
Maybe a dozen years ago I was driving with a friend, Mr New Jersey. We drove past that, known as Xanadu at that time. "I said what's that??" He replied, "That's what happens when you have a governor in the closet."

Sponsor